Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Got it working again, google chrome, settings, "new incognito page" click saved bookmark for manual, up comes gsxr manual menu. Excellent.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dont know if anyone is interested, but Im working on a PDF version of this manual. It just takes some time to format.

I'll only be doing up to the maintenance section. Im up to 120 pages and I only just got to Service Intervals. Its a pain in the behind. Im doing it for myself (planning on doing my own maintenance) and for the community here.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,538 Posts
I've done some of that myself and it indeed is a PITA. I've uploaded what's been done here. It includes everything through Engine-1B Emission Control Devices plus Body and Accessories 9-Precautions, Body and Accessories 9A-Wiring Systems, and an index. There are all sorts of links that have not been established. Aside from the index, it totals 211 pages/34 MB. Based on what's been done, I estimate that it's 14% of the full manual, i.e. the full manual is estimated to be 1100 pages/173 MB. Irk!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've done some of that myself and it indeed is a PITA. I've uploaded what's been done here. It includes everything through Engine-1B Emission Control Devices plus Body and Accessories 9-Precautions, Body and Accessories 9A-Wiring Systems, and an index. There are all sorts of links that have not been established. Aside from the index, it totals 211 pages/34 MB. Based on what's been done, I estimate that it's 14% of the full manual, i.e. the full manual is estimated to be 1100 pages/173 MB. Irk!
awesome work!!!! but mediafire is also a pain in the arse! maybe a new google account and share it on google drive? they give you 15Gb of space!

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,538 Posts
I originally put things on scribd but moved everything to mediafire when they started charging to download. They've seemed OK as you're the first to be critical of them (the K5/K6 service manual has been downloaded over 12,000 times). The link here goes to the individual files, now 28. But you can move up in the file structure and, I think-never tried it, download the entire folder at once. Note that it's currently 631 pages + index=104 MB. It's now estimated that the entire manual will be 1134 pages/186 MB, so only about 56% has been done. I might do the fuel system or combination meter section but don't count on it.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Thank you, I was able to print the R model rear shock adjustment section to add to my printed manual for my base model with the R rear shock. Thanks for putting in all the work for everybody!!!!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I actually bought a printed manual on eBay and had one of my guys at work scan the pages into a PDF.
It is organized different from the online manual and has the same organization as the older printed style manuals.

If would be nice if someone could add clickable pointers to my PDF file.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is there still no printed official version of the manual?

Saw one on ebay, but it states it is printed and put into a folder so I'm not sure if everything is in it.

Regards

Chris

21 - 36 of 36 Posts