Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
You will have to fabricate your own mounting bracket's. It can be done!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I will get to my storage this week & get my radiator/mounts out for photographs.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I personally like the idea of being able to fill the radiator without pulling the gas tank

+1

if there is an easied way of doing it, i would look into the switch!

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
Moto liberty actually mounted the stock Thermostat housing / filler neck outside of the frame near the right side upper radiator hose........ it looked like crap but it worked.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
With the 93/94 models its nice to switch to a low maintenance coolant like the Evans or Engine Ice, then you don't have to be flushing out every two seasons. Aside from that, though a dumb design, it shouldn't matter that much, given the low access requirements. Top ups are always via the overflow anyway.....?????

I am gathering that the ZX7 mod is mainly for cooling improvements.

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
yeah it shouldn't matter that much but in the case of having a hose rupture or come loose

it sure would have been nice to have easy access to a filler neck instead of having to strip the bike down to just fill the rad back up. It would have made a simple 10 minute job instead of an hour of sweating my ass off in 100 degree heat.

But yeah I've heard for the longest time the ZX-7 radiator worked well at keeping the GSXR engine cooler.....

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Yeah Dan, f&%king ruptures are not too sweet, especially when they soak the tire...ugh!! A few years back I bit the bullet and did a full oem purchase and replaced them all.... $$$$ OUCH

I've got a shitload more oil cooling, which has saved the day by a long shot for now. I'm hoping that it will suffice once the engine gets rebuilt. I realise its heresy, but I really DON'T want any more projects on the bike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts