Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else experience a little bit of headshake at high speeds after installing a zero gravity windshield on their GSXR-600. I put one on and noticed a little bit of headshake over 100mph. I also swapped tires and put on a set of D207GP's, this may have also caused this.

Not really a problem, just looking for the cause.

·
Registered
295 Posts
yea i have a ZG DB and its great, im about to get some 208 gp's so maybe i will see what happens there, its gotta be the balance or front end might be a hair tweaked?

·
Registered
295 Posts
is that your first set of 207gps? how do the race take off's seem to last in terms of grip and such? do they seem to dry out or anything?

thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, it is my first set of take-offs. They were kind of dry to start out with, because they hadn't been used for awhile but it was almost like a layer, and it wore away. They are a lot stickier than the stock tires on it, 207ZR's or something like that. I have heard people getting 2000 miles or so out of a set, and i have 600 miles and no serious wear yet.

I have a buddy who just opened up a bike shop and is doing tires for Michelin/Pirelli around the midwest, so I get my choice of take-offs from him. I have a bunch of take-offs sitting in my garage from my SV, but they are the wrong size for the GSXR.

If you can, head to the track closet to you, and get a deal on a set of tires.

·
Registered
412 Posts
wouldn't the gps be more unstable in a straight line anyway because of their more triangular profile? The tires are made to turn in quick, not cruise in a straight line.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have one one my 98 600 and never felt any at 110mph+. Funny that you mention it because I also out on a set of 207's. I live those things, it's like the road is made out of flypaper or something. Did you get the front tire balanced when installed ?

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Yeah its the tires that make it twitchy. When I run Renn's at the track my front end shakes like a bitch!
Get a steering dampener..

-Spooner

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got a dampener, helped out quite a bit. I had it laying around the shop, this was just my excuse to take the 15 minutes and mount it up!

So the metzelers shake too. They are going to be my next set, but hopefully this set can make it till next season.

Thanks again for the help, guys

Rod

1 - 9 of 9 Posts