Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the part of the NFL season that I hate. When the veterans are cut or retire. It's sad to see such great players fade off into the sunset. Some w/more media attention that others.

Zach Thomas was release by the Miami Dolphins today and he states that he's not yet done but I'm not sure he has it in him anymore to play for someone else. He's obviously lost a step and it's not like he got cut from an amazing team and has some lesser teams to fall back on. Miami... well, at least things can't get much worse this season.

Rod Smith after several hip surgeries was placed on the reserve/retire list today by the Denver Broncos. He has hip surgery and after sitting most of the season out to recover returned around week 12 for practice and was immediately placed on IR for the remainder of the season and underwent yet another procedure on the same hip. He's also one that has been a long time contributer to a good team during some great seasons. I'm afraid Denver is going to be in trouble but they have some good young talent if they can just come together as a team.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zach will sign a 2 year deal with the patriots and replace junior seau

thats my prediction wouldn't surprise me if the pats go after jason taylor
Hmm.... I don't know about that, but wouldn't be overly surprised. I guess we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
19,670 Posts
towards the end of the season the entire stadium was talkin about them getttin jason taylor. the dolphins right now are ready to deal just about everyone that they can make moves with and wouldnt surprise me if the pats gave up someone and that 1st round pick they have think its 7

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
towards the end of the season the entire stadium was talkin about them getttin jason taylor. the dolphins right now are ready to deal just about everyone that they can make moves with and wouldnt surprise me if the pats gave up someone and that 1st round pick they have think its 7
Yeah, after giving Chris Chambers to the Chargers nothing the Dolphins do surprises me.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there would be no place for #80 next year anyway. with Bmarsh developing
Well, there's plenty of talk that Javon wants out so we'll have a need for a veteran Wide Out. I think Javon wanted to go to a team where he could be the #1 and shine but, as much as I wanted him to succeed last year, his head just wasn't in the game 100% so Brandon stepped up and did dayum good. I think a little bit of Javon was jealous even if he never admits it.

·
Registered
19,670 Posts
Yeah, after giving Chris Chambers to the Chargers nothing the Dolphins do surprises me.

they are doing some serious rebuilding, after marino this should have happened but it didnt they just kept getting qb's that couldnt play greise, feilder, culpepper, harrington huard

then they go after a solid vet get trent green and 3rd game hes done for the year. The culpepper move was a good one but he wans't healthy and should have enver started til he was.

they got that kid beck whose a mormon or sometrhing he was like a 26 year old rookie because he went on a 4 year mission before he went to college

i dont know about chambers he was weird he was like amazing his first 2 years looked like something speacil then her got bigger musclw wise and slower started when he was playin with david boston( hmmmm conspiricy) just look at him now he use to be built like randy moss tall and lanky

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wonder why Zach Thomas can get a job so easy but Al Wilson cant get shit :scratch

unless he chose to retire early
Al Wilson was forced into retirement due to neck/head injuries. That sort of thing can't be worked around.

·
Registered
19,670 Posts
zach is one of my all time favortie players hes like watching a kid play running around like a mad man out there for the love of it

hope the pats pick him up it would be a great asset to the team

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hear the Saints offered him a contract and the Broncos are interested in him too. Then again, Denver needs to talk to anyone with a 50-59 on the back of their jersey this off season.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts