Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short I've had some troubles with my last 3 Yuasa batteries, not lasting, dying prematurely in storage, and drying up quickly. My charging system on the bike is in order, and almost all of the riding the last 3 years were on the track with no lights or extra load from streeting..

So I figured I'd contact Yuasa and ask them what the deal was, and that my current satisfaction level with the product was very low... after a few email exchanges I get this little gem of an email -

"I thank you for your patience with this situation you are having with your YTX9-BS battery. I will send you a replacement battery. The battery I will send out will be a dry battery with a separate acid pack that you will need to activate when you are ready to use it. When you can receive the battery, if you need assistance, please feel free to call me and we can help you with the activation process. We ask that you keep the battery on a maintainer when you are not using the vehicle on a regular basis. This will help to preserve the charge of the battery. "

:fact

:punk Yuasa just scored a star in my book! In the future I plan to order direct from them, and bypass the dealer.. who knows if they activated the battery correcly or how long it was sitting there..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Huh, i must have gotten a good one from the start. Been using it for 4 seasons now, every time i hook up the battery tender it flashes 80% charged in a matter of minutes. No issues here!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts