Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course I watch YT videos on bikes, probably just like many of you, usually more for questions I want answered and/or for products and accessories I want to find out about, but I also love watching guys just riding or testing bikes (although many of their quoted "facts" are more like their opinions) but as for the actual riding, I love watching all sorts of these videos. However, every time you do a search on a bike topic, you ALWAYS get the inevitable xxxx vs xxxx vs xxxx bikes and every time I watch one, it's always the same - some young guys on 1000cc sports bikes, flat out hitting 299+ kph (186+ mph) on public roads/highways in traffic, but the worst part is, they're just about always in jeans, sneakers, and tee-shirts, and some of those tee-shirts ride up past the shoulders in the wind..

Am I the only one to think that they are absolute idiots making a bad name for most of us all as well as heading for the big one,, or am I just being too harsh. I usually just avoid these crazy videos but sometimes I might take a peek...

Al

·
Registered
54 Posts
It’s utter madness, especially when I see people ride without gloves. We all know the web pages showing the injury, reconstructive surgery and slow long painful road to recovery.

If people are stupid enough to squid, there is no fixing it

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,943 Posts
I see enough road kill, to know that I'm not going to fare much better without gear, if I hit the pavement...we're just bags of meat, we're not invincible.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know we all have that certain wild streak in us - or we probably wouldn't want to ride bikes - but honestly, my hair stands up when I see and/or hear of such happenings, mostly out of disbelief.. If I stumble onto such videos now, I just stop them and move on.. When I was their age, I used to think I could be a real red devil on the roads but man, now I think I was nothing more than a slightly misguided angel in white on occasions - hahahaha..!! Reaching 100mph (161 kph) back then was a big deal. Today's sporters can all but do this in first gear - but that's just a statistic which I have no intention of ever trying out. I've gone past that time of life and now wish to reach retirement (in the next few years) so I can take back some of the money I've been giving to government for the past 47 years. Yeah, soon they can pay me for a change..!!

Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts