Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering converting my 86 drag bike over to do some limited street duty. I am using the RC comp tri fan 18" rims I think the rear is a 6.25 the front is really skinny. Avon makes a 200/55/18 and a 90/90 18 do you think that these tires will fit? I will need a new subframe,and Tail section cuz my pegs are too close to the seat.I was thinking of cutting mine off and making one with a little more hieght set up to use a R/6 or f4i tail section. I want to go to the 96 style SRAD upper and run no lowers. Keep in mind my bike is adams outlaw adj 12-18" over and is a 7/11.I will need To drop the lectrons for kiehins,and put the alt back on. Probably put a bigger oil cooler and ........Dammit I just keep getting interupted I will finish this tonite when I get home if I am not to inebriated(I will be
) so noe of this will end up making any sense.......

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyway How do you think that would look with the one piece SRAD endurance upper and the R6 tail I know it wouldn't be very practical but I have all the parts readily available and it sure would look good on a Friday night in town. Maybe then I could sell it. I think it hasn't sold becuase you can't ride it on the street. Probably need to rig up some kind of supertrapp style exhaust baffle for my side winder as well.........hmmmmm So many ways to go

·
Registered
978 Posts
wild bill the avon 200 will fit and check out star racing for the baffel

that will be one bad ass street bike

jimmy

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Post some pics of the bike as it is now, a similar view of an SRAD endurance upper, and also the tailsection, and I'll see what I can put together with photochop in my spare moments

I put this together in anticipation of fitting a new-model tailsection to mine:

[ 01-04-2003, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: FastCat ]

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have a MEZ1 190 on a 5.5" rear. I think for the street it's ok and it looks good. If I ever see the track I'll go back to a 180 rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts