Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF, today i came over to my girlfriends house to go riding, I saw that her dad is painting all the door white at the driveway near the garage where my bike is. It was a windy day, and guess what? Needless to say al the stupid white tiny paint dots landed on the tank. I fucking freaked out.

Man, i dont drop this thing, dont crash this thing, dont even make burnouts, its strange that i make more damage to this bike when its on its stands. I washed it and waxed it again and got most of it out, but i am pretty anal, although you cant see unless you really come close to the tank, i still want it to to be like it was before.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to get rid of this irritating microscopic white dots??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was close but, i backed off. He is like why are you cleaning the bike for, you just cleaned it yesterday. I just hold my breath and did not say anything.
Meanwhile inside of me wants to do this to him

I dont know what to do know. There has to be something i can use for this problem

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Try some bug/tar remover...then go over with a wet rag.

·
Registered
814 Posts
99% sure it was a water based paint. I would just use some hot water on it. paint dries extremely fast especially when coming out of a spray gun into the wind. most should just wipe off with a damp cloth. If not you could give some rubbing alcohol or naphta a try...

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
If its only on the tank you can use laquer thinner, i will guarantee this will take it off, but dont let it sit forever on there, it will not hurt the clear coat if used fast... DO NOT USE IT ON THE PLASTICS, ONLY ON THE TANK! Thinner will eat the plastics away.

Scott

·
Registered
396 Posts
Any automotive paint supply place can turn you on to a pin stripe eraser which will probably work. Or you could cut it with 1500-2000 grit abrasive paper and buff it out. It will probably turn out better than new.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
nothing other than clay would work the best. All the other stufff metioned is harsh chemicals. Clay is just a bar, best product for your paint.
Just and FYI Rubbing compound is not a harsh chemical.

Scott

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ya but 90% of people who do buffing themselves end up with swirls from hell, the average human just can't use common sense with power tools!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I brought a bike a few years ago that had the same problem dude I brought it from could not get the paint off.
I used rubbing alcohol and it removed the paint and did not bother the finish. Use a lot of it and let it set on the paint dots the wipe off with old soft t-shirt.
***NO SMOKING WHILE CLEANING***

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.