Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
go to Home Depot... you'll spend a couple dollars and I bet it'll look better!

·
Registered
360 Posts
wow! thats amazing.. i'm lookin' on the forums between coats of flat black on mine

so far I got a bracket for connecting wood together($.49)
some pieces of steel bent at a 90 Degree angle (Free)
and a can of flat black spray paint ($.99)

and can't forget some beer.. mmmm

alot cheater than $140 + shipping..

Outragous!

~Andy

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'll make you one for $99.95 and i'll even ship it at my cost.....lmao

·
Registered
242 Posts
been selling this one for 20 to your door. nothing fancy but it quick to install. but it dosen't have an led light so there is the 119 price difference

·
Registered
360 Posts
I"m taking mine off cuz it's huge and ugly and disrupts the lines of the bike

and i gotta give the cops something to bitch about...

Peace

~Andy

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
It's a little high priced for sure, put they did a really nice job. Looks very smooth and almost seamless. Injected mold parts are nice and being ABS it is as good as the factory could make. It comes with a light for the plate and you can mount the plate near the shock or close to the tail light. I like it and almost tempted to buy.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can make your own fender eliminator kit out of the fender itself. Thats what i did. It looks great, Didn't cost me a single penny. It takes a little time and a steady hand, but turns out great and doesn't cost a thing. I can post up pics if anyone is intrested.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I take it off only for pictures. Otherwise I leave it on since I do most of my riding in the mud !! Yeah !!!!
Ya.....do like me and get you some dirt tires for your gix, then that mud flap comes in real handy. Nothing like hill climbing my gix and mud bogging against some fourwheelers.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You can make your own fender eliminator kit out of the fender itself. Thats what i did. It looks great, Didn't cost me a single penny. It takes a little time and a steady hand, but turns out great and doesn't cost a thing. I can post up pics if anyone is intrested.
I'd like to see a pic

·
Registered
686 Posts
I'd like to see a pic
As would I!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Each to his own, but the OEM undertail is absoloutely the last thing I would even consider changing on the K5.

If I was to do any cosmetic changes it would be some cf covers under the tank and maybe some cf ram air intakes.
hey these carbon fiber peices you are speaking of...who makes them and do they have a site or better yet will they deal to the public?

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Each to his own, but the OEM undertail is absoloutely the last thing I would even consider changing on the K5.

If I was to do any cosmetic changes it would be some cf covers under the tank and maybe some cf ram air intakes.
hey these carbon fiber peices you are speaking of...who makes them and do they have a site or better yet will they deal to the public?
You can get some from oneidasuzuki.com I believe, but if you look at suzuki.de (Germany) you will see a lot of nice cf goddies we are missing out on elsewhere in the world. Will see if I have some time to pop down there when I'm on holiday at home in Norway this year.

The cf ram air intakes are Yosh Japan kit parts, but I just got message from Yosh that these will only fit a race fairing.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Um, I'd rather pay 140 for something nice like that that will fit well and look good. I refuse to use stupid-ass aluminum brackets that I bend in my frickin garage, like alot of people are doing. It looks like shit up close.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts