Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can\'t be serious..lousy insurance...

This is kinda an old-school question...
I have full cover on my '91 gixxer...My insurnace is FIVE TIMES what it was one year ago!!!WTF!! I have had no claims, and I have gotten one ticket..for which I took a safe driver class, and it is not "supposed" to be on my driving record...The reason our agent gave was that the company has been taking significant numbers of sport bike claims...It was nothing that I did as a rider...All sport bike rates with Alstate are going up...Any body else getting caught by this?? Also, are you guys/gals carrying full cover on your older bikes?? The whole sale value of a '91 gixxer 750 is like $2900..I'm sure in a worst case (total my bike), that is all that they would give me...Why pay a quarter of what they would ultimately give me in a claim in premiums? Whadda you guys think??Damn, I hate insurnace companies...Alstate insurance

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Re: You can\'t be serious..lousy insurance...

I am certainly not defending the insurance industry, but remember the only reason that they exist is to make a profit. If something is decreasing their profitsthen they are gonna bring more money in to cover it. Bastards. I didn't think that Allstate covered sportbikes at all anyway. Try State Farm, had good luck with them before. Troy341

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks Troy and Cat...Yeah, I'm going to be checking some other companies, probably will have to carve down the coverage..Florida is weird, being a no-fault state...Seems like insurance is a bit more down here..Of course I guess they figure we can ride year round here too...I will be taking my two cars insurance business elsewhere also, that's for sure!!

[ 11-18-2002, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Robbo ]

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts

You are lucky to have Allstate at all. I have had my car policy with them for over 15years and they will not write my GSXR's. I have a policy with Progressive, I like them because I can add on my aftermarket extras. State farm is good as well, they do not ask if its a Sportbike just displacement.
Bones

·
Registered
352 Posts

All sportbike insurance was suppose to triple at the begining of 03'. Reason being is all the stunters that destroy thier bikes and make false claims. My agent warned me it was coming back in August. I am also with State farm and have full coverage on my 92' and only pay $267 a year. Like Bones said State farm only asks displacement. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts

I have state farm. I have had no problems. I pay 320 a year full coverage, for my 90. 520 a year for the busa.

[ 11-19-2002, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: MrTris ]

·
Registered
221 Posts

Maybe you guys should be more friendly with your agent up until a year ago I paid 185 every 6 months for a 99 superhawk, and 225 every 6 months for 2000 ZX12 and 144 for and 2000 883 sportster. All full coverage. Been with allstate for 3 years and have 2 claims and a 6 point ticket in the last 4 years. I also have my house and 2 cars I pay less than $2000 a year on insurance total. I am not bullshitting either, My agent is Roger Herring in Lexington.Currently my 90 1100 is 129 every 6 for full coverage,and my 1993 750 is around the same(both insured for$5000 appraisal not book value).I love my Allstate agent!
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks everybody, will be calling state farm..for all my stuff...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts