Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a Carbon Fiber TRS Race on my 2004 750. Sounds great. Loud standing next too it. Not that loud going down the road. The air box and engine is still louder. Overall I am very happy with it so far. You will notice in the video that the new pipe made the bike lope at idle pretty bad. I raised the idle up to around 1400 RPM and it is better but still lopes some.

The attached video I made because I struggled to find a good comparison between stock an different pipes. Hopefully this will be of some use to someone. The video is shot in the garage with the camera and the bike in exactly the same location. In both cases I rev up the bike to 4000 RPM and then blip the throttle up to 7000 RPM, then I let it idle for a few seconds. The file is on my Comcast file server and it is pretty big (10meg) to conserve the quality.

Video File

·
Registered
380 Posts
That's about what happened to me... the yosh rs-3 wasn't much louder than stock... so i bought a full ak
\
Much Bettah!!!

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
hm....the Yoshimura TRS Titanium I picked up made a huge difference on my bike. But it does make the bike lope at idle.
No need for PCIII or mapping
Adjust the idle to 1200- 1500

Yosh sounds best when it's screaming 10 11 12 14 rpm ....whichever.
Did you get race baffles?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Loudness is a relative term. My old ZX6-R used to have a D&D. Obviously it was loud! After riding some last night and this morning I can now tell the difference. Has a good tone, just loud enough to not be obnoxious. Occassionally makes the sweet popping sound on shift. Really just what I was looking for.

Yes it is the race baffle. Paid $375 plus tax, no shipping because I drove up there and picked it up yesterday. Interestingly, the shop that sold it to me (indysuperbikes.com) said that if they look up a 2004 750 pipe from Yohshi, it pulls up the 01-03 600 part number. The instructions in the box actually said it was for th 01-03 600. Apparently they are interchangable. I really don't care, sounds great...works good...looks good.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I thought with new pipes you were supposed to have the bike readjusted?
I too am wanting a new pipe but will hate to ditch the nice 20th anniversary ed pipe... they should have just tossed on a nice yosh pipe with it

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yes it is the race baffle. Paid $375 plus tax, no shipping because I drove up there and picked it up yesterday. Interestingly, the shop that sold it to me (indysuperbikes.com) said that if they look up a 2004 750 pipe from Yohshi, it pulls up the 01-03 600 part number. The instructions in the box actually said it was for th 01-03 600. Apparently they are interchangable. I really don't care, sounds great...works good...looks good.
Yeah my pipe was from my buddies 02 750. I bought off of him and it sounds great. I don't know why Yoshi does what they do. They sell newer bike models pipes more expensive then older ones, even when they are interchangeable. But let's just keep our little secret, maybe they won't know and we can buy older pipes for newer bikes and save some money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.