Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-R 750
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my project yesterday evening was installing a Yoshi full system onto my bike. What I thought was going to be a simpler install turning into almost a half day project with me finishing this afternoon. So, to help others in the future here is a little write-up since the instructions are not the greatest.

For the removal of the factory pipe and installation of the new, they say that you can do it by simply removing the lower radiator mount, allowing the radiator to rotate forward slightly. Yes, this is possible, but, you will be smashing your hand into it the entire time, cutting yourself and bending the radiator fins on the back side. Do yourself a favor and just completely remove the front wheel and radiator. It makes for a much more pleasent time wrenching.

After removing the factory headers, to install the Yoshi manifold flange, there are small brass gaskets inside the manifold that were used by the factory header pipes. Remove these as they will not allow the new manifold flange to seat all the way into the motor. After installing the flange, I found it easiest to install the headers first into the tail pipe, then into the manifold flange. Once that is all connected, do not bolt the tailpipe to the frame before you install the O2 sensor. You will have to remove the O2 sensor wire from were it was routed for the factory pipe to get it to reach the new location. After installing the O2 sensor, you can bolt up the rest of the pipe and install the muffler.

On the 2012 and up models, you will have to install the EXCVA stopper bracket. The instructions for that were adequate. Looking at the bike from the front, the servo is located on the left side of the bike under the rear of the fuel tank. Cut the zip tie holding the wires together to unclip the servo and remove it. I used the same adjustable wrench that I used to remove the front wheel nut to hold the servo in place while loosening the bold to install the stopper bracket. Install the bracket with the angle pointing towards the raised plastic on the servo.

·
Registered
19' Gsx-r 750
1 Posts
Here is a sound clip.
Sounds good! I just bought the same bike/color about a month ago. Have you taken any of the factory decals off? I thinking of removing the strips in the vent. Feel like it's too much red going on in the front. Can't find any pics online of this done before I do so.

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-R 750
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good! I just bought the same bike/color about a month ago. Have you taken any of the factory decals off? I thinking of removing the strips in the vent. Feel like it's too much red going on in the front. Can't find any pics online of this done before I do so.
I have not removed any of the decals. Im a fan of red, so I dont mind it haha.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I recently picked this system up and installed for my L4 750, I had a hell of a time doing it, much harder than other systems I've done. I tried my best to follow the instructions identical to what they gave us. Took it out for a test ride and it immediately seemed like I was hearing more exhaust from the front of the bike and I didn't have a lot of midrange? Just listening at idle and revving it it seemed completely fine, even plugging the exhaust (momentarily) doesn't yield any obvious leak sounds. I also installed a PC5 and put the PC R77 map (not the R77D they didnt have one on the site) at the same time as a K&N filter as all of this.

Assuming I screwed up, I took it completely apart again and reinstalled, this time using what you had suggested (headers into port then put all 4 into flanges) and I still seem to have that problem. I replaced a cat elim voodoo shorty that came on this bike when I got it because it was too damn loud. Knowingly, with deleting the servo maybe the loss of backpressure is expected? Is the R77 map really going to be THAT different than the R77D?

Note: I am not using any header gaskets because Yoshimura instructions say don't use any

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-R 750
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I recently picked this system up and installed for my L4 750, I had a hell of a time doing it, much harder than other systems I've done. I tried my best to follow the instructions identical to what they gave us. Took it out for a test ride and it immediately seemed like I was hearing more exhaust from the front of the bike and I didn't have a lot of midrange? Just listening at idle and revving it it seemed completely fine, even plugging the exhaust (momentarily) doesn't yield any obvious leak sounds. I also installed a PC5 and put the PC R77 map (not the R77D they didnt have one on the site) at the same time as a K&N filter as all of this.

Assuming I screwed up, I took it completely apart again and reinstalled, this time using what you had suggested (headers into port then put all 4 into flanges) and I still seem to have that problem. I replaced a cat elim voodoo shorty that came on this bike when I got it because it was too damn loud. Knowingly, with deleting the servo maybe the loss of backpressure is expected? Is the R77 map really going to be THAT different than the R77D?

Note: I am not using any header gaskets because Yoshimura instructions say don't use any
Im not using any header gaskets either. I havent noticed any exhaust leak noise with my system. I also installed the PC5 on my bike as well with the R77 map, but still running the stock filter. Maybe you are actually hearing noise from air being sucked through the intake? Are the headers fully seated into the manifold flange?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im not using any header gaskets either. I havent noticed any exhaust leak noise with my system. I also installed the PC5 on my bike as well with the R77 map, but still running the stock filter. Maybe you are actually hearing noise from air being sucked through the intake? Are the headers fully seated into the manifold flange?
they certainly appear to be seated fine and holding a lighter up to it while its running doesnt move it around, they are machined nicely id say, when disassembling for the first time i actually had alot of trouble pulling them out and needed to unscrew the flanges off the block to pull the entire system off as one piece then wrestle the flanges off the headers one at a time.

i made sure to not overtighten the flanges which can bend them it is possible it is the intake noise? i am debating just taking it to a shop but worried they are going to misdiagnose it as something absurd.worth putting the OEM filter back in? it was quite dirty so its why i replaced and figured a k&n + tune would smooth the power curve out as I had some issues on/off throttle wise

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-R 750
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they certainly appear to be seated fine and holding a lighter up to it while its running doesnt move it around, they are machined nicely id say, when disassembling for the first time i actually had alot of trouble pulling them out and needed to unscrew the flanges off the block to pull the entire system off as one piece then wrestle the flanges off the headers one at a time.

i made sure to not overtighten the flanges which can bend them it is possible it is the intake noise? i am debating just taking it to a shop but worried they are going to misdiagnose it as something absurd.worth putting the OEM filter back in? it was quite dirty so its why i replaced and figured a k&n + tune would smooth the power curve out as I had some issues on/off throttle wise
It could be intake noise. Try throwing the factory filter in and taking it around the block and see if the noise remains. I'd say that putting the high flow K&N filter on would be similar to putting on a cold air intake on a car where it creates a good bit more intake noise.

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-R 750
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice write up, looks pretty good. How much weight would you say was saved dropping that bit cat and lighter metal(s)?
I would say that it is quite a significant weight savings, at least 10lbs at the minimum. I was very surprised with how heavy the factory headers and catalytic converter were.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts