Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Im just interested in feedback on Yoshi Japan shorty and TRI dual outlet if anybody has them. I want to know how they sound and what results you can expect out of them, ect. I would greatly appreciate the responses.

:cheers

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a full system shorty on my 1000. I like its looks, but wasn't overly impressed with the power increase. It made most if not all the increase in the 11,000 - 13,500 range. Next time I would probably buy something else like an Akropovic or M4. In regard to the sound. I really don't care what it sounds like if it makes good power.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
just put the shorty japan on my 06 1k last night ....it sounds kinda like my 05 zx10r did with the full evo 2 system from idle til around 5 grand then it has a higher pitch with has a sweet sound ive only put like 10 miles on it so far .....it was 45 degrees when i got it going ......but so far i like it its the single outlet shorty , i also have the bmc race....no pc3 yet but will soon

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
byronpoet said:
Did you get a custom map? How much did the combination cost you?
I think it was around $780.00 shipped. From what Jamie told me is that they put a map on that they have mapped. there website specifies that,

You are purchasing a custom tuned fuel injection module that comes to you pre-programmed for your personal bike based on the information you provide. We are not simply loading a map, we are programming the Power Commander with maps that have been developed for the intake and exhaust changes you have made to your bike using our experience and expertise from years of dyno tuning.
http://www.fuelmotousa.com/

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Most maps, even those touted as dyno-tested, can only provide a base reference for you to build on. No two bike/rider combinations are the same, so you'd be best off having it custom mapped at your local dyno centre asap.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Subhuman415 said:
Where did you get that pipe for $400 if you dont mind me asking?
i got the pipe and healer from brad @ superbikesupply .....he said it was his last shorty japan that he was getting and just wanted to get rid of it .....but check em out anyway

·
Registered
240 Posts
dang, that does sound pretty sweet. but like bigend said, it's really all about the performance increase you get. sound is distant third to performance and quality.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have the Yosh shorty and a PC and love it! It gave me lots more power down low and in the middle and some on top. The sound is awesome very deep and throaty compared with some of the gp styles. I would buy it again. I got my pc from fuelmoto with the map for my pipe and bike and it is perfect!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.