Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a yoshi header laying around in my shed and i wanted to mount on a different slip on.I wanted to know was it possible to mount a m4 gp slip on to the yoshi header. I also wanted to know if anyone knows the diameter of the m4 gp slip on.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got diameter of the yoshi header 2 1/8in OD. Just need to know m4 gp diameter before i order it. does anyone know if it will fit or do i have to fabricate it

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,837 Posts
"yoshi header laying around in my shed and i wanted to mount on a different slip on"
After rereading that, it's not clear what you have. "Different slip-on" suggests that you currently have a slip-on, and therefore the OEM header. What gives?

The Yoshimura mufflers have a 2 1/4"/57 mm inlet ID, but that doesn't appear to be what you're asking about.

My notes say that the OEM header has a 45/43 mm inlet OD/ID exit. A slip-on, M4 or otherwise, would have a mid-pipe that matches it. If I remember correctly, the mid-pipe fits over the header so the OD is the relevant dimension.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"yoshi header laying around in my shed and i wanted to mount on a different slip on"
After rereading that, it's not clear what you have. "Different slip-on" suggests that you currently have a slip-on, and therefore the OEM header. What gives?

The Yoshimura mufflers have a 2 1/4"/57 mm inlet ID, but that doesn't appear to be what you're asking about.

My notes say that the OEM header has a 45/43 mm inlet OD/ID exit. A slip-on, M4 or otherwise, would have a mid-pipe that matches it. If I remember correctly, the mid-pipe fits over the header so the OD is the relevant dimension.
Thanks for the response,

Right now i have OEM header with a danmoto slip on. I pulled off the danmoto slip on to see if the midpipe would fit but the midpipe is to small and also doesn’t have anywhere to attach the springs from the yoshi header. Also are you talking about the M4 gp slip on (shorty) that comes with a midpipe?

·
7,837 Posts
If the M4 GP attaches directly to the header it's probably not going to fit, mainly because of the different diameter. You could try asking them. I thought that there must be a midpipe to accomodate the angle that the M4 comes out at. But apparently the OEM headers end at an appropriate angle. No idea about the Yoshimura.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the M4 GP attaches directly to the header it's probably not going to fit, mainly because of the different diameter. You could try asking them. I thought that there must be a midpipe to accomodate the angle that the M4 comes out at. But apparently the OEM headers end at an appropriate angle. No idea about the Yoshimura.
It looks like the yoshi angel will be fine its just the diameter is where im going to run into a problem i may just end up putting a yoshi slip on on or maybe i can find a used m4 for cheap just to see if it’ll work

·
7,837 Posts
A Yoshimura slip-on will have a midpipe sized to fit the OEM header. You'd have to find a midpipe for a full system, 1116-419, and use one of their mufflers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A Yoshimura slip-on will have a midpipe sized to fit the OEM header. You'd have to find a midpipe for a full system, 1116-419, and use one of their mufflers.
Ok thanks for the help i just googled that part # you listed and found the whole diagram of how the full exhaust system. Now i just have to find a yoshi slip on with the mounts for the springs to hook to it, that should be the correct one.
Thanks again

·
7,837 Posts
You'll have to confirm this but I think any of the TRS, TRC, R22, or R77 mufflers will fit (and maybe others). The needed springs may vary.

·
7,837 Posts
Tony7089, your paint scheme and side cowling graphics look like they're from a K7 EDR model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tony7089, your paint scheme and side cowling graphics look like they're from a K7 EDR model.
Wow it actually is i never knew where this scheme came from i bought the bike like that i was going to change them but i never seen anyone with this scheme ever... Side Note: my gas tank doesnt match tho its the phantom scheme

·
7,837 Posts
I'm not sure about this but the EDR may have only been available in Europe, though the decals are now available everywhere. I used to think that I would like it better if the red and silver were reversed, which would make it a red/silver version of the yellow/silver EDS model. But a problem with that may have been that the big red "R" would be obscured by the red of the side cowling.

There were two K6 schemes that were only sold in Europe (no idea about Australia), the CRS maroon and the CRU black.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts