Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Why not just take the head to a machine shop and have it milled down and run stock gasket.

·
Registered
951 Posts
How much does that head gasket cost? If its cheap, then you got a simple on the spot compresion bump vs sending your head out.

Personally i vote for the head mill though. And port/polish flowed all that and a valve grind.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
How much does that head gasket cost? If its cheap, then you got a simple on the spot compresion bump vs sending your head out.

Personally i vote for the head mill though. And port/polish flowed all that and a valve grind.
so mill the head and then port/polish it? Isn't porting and polish defeats the milling? I thought milling it will be better than port and polish unless the port and polish is a machine job instead of a hand job.

·
Registered
951 Posts
To mil the head you are taking a itty itty bit off the base of the head. In essense you make a smaller displaced area inside......thus more compression. A port and polish is cleaning up all the areas that have air flow. The casting, little bumps ets are smoothed and polished....porting makes some ares flow better, less or more restriction depending on what you want. Valve job is ......well as it sounds, different angles etc.

Mil head, polt polish and valve job, degreed cams can net a solid 15hp on a good motor

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
take stock gasket, remove middle, just as good as yoshi.

·
Premium Member
3,682 Posts
I took my bike to a shop for a cam swap (1000in/750in-ex) and I was thinking maybe they should mill the head also. I want to use the stock gasket, any idea how much should it be milled?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts