Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend got me this yosh exhaust off of ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4548617683&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

I have heard or read somewhere that I should really be using the TRC instead of the TRS, is this correct, how much mod will i have to do in order to use the TRS, will there be a negative effect if i use the TRS......thanks very much for any help or advice....

·
100% Rooster
192 Posts
cant find item but the trc is just a new version of the trs it has a diffrent exhust cap that seems to be the only thing .. you will be fine with a trs as long as she got the one for your bike

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
About the only difference between the TRS and the TRC is the end piece on the pipe. TRS uses a spout looking end piece, TRC uses a cone, other than that I think they are pretty much the same.

This is the TRS your girlfriend got you, looks like it's stainless steel:

This is the TRC in stainless steel and carbon fiber:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys....the main thing that i am worried about is the way that it connects since she only got a slip-on...i had planned on getting the full exhaust system, but i cant knock her effort....any advice about the way the slip-on mounts

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
thanks guys....the main thing that i am worried about is the way that it connects since she only got a slip-on...i had planned on getting the full exhaust system, but i cant knock her effort....any advice about the way the slip-on mounts
It is supplied with a mid pipe.

·
Banned
92 Posts
unless shes into bikes, she prob wouldn't notice if you got a full system...

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
How bad is it to basically cut out or by-pass the flapper or whatever the techincal name is and use the midpipe instead? will it void out the warranty if something happens?
You have to disable and remove the SET valve (what you call flapper) in order to install the slip-on. I'm not sure exactly how the warranty is affected, but if you look you'll find a warning sticker on the side of the bike stating that it is illegal to modify the exhasut or some shit to that effect. Doesn't seem to deter most people from doing so though does it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts