Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if it is available now?

The Yosh dealer here in Korea says he will have it for me in early June.

I see it is awailable on the Yosh R-D online shop, but has anyone actually got one yet?

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Anyone know if it is available now?

The Yosh dealer here in Korea says he will have it for me in early June.

I see it is awailable on the Yosh R-D online shop, but has anyone actually got one yet?
There isn't a part number for the K5 in the Yosh Book of Speed. You can call them to find out the details. I haven't yet inquired about that since I am having so much fun in stock trim. When I get a racing exhaust system I will probably check into it. But I was thinking of going with a racing ECU instead. Not for awhile yet.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Bump

...........I need to get this verified

...................jeffw are you there ?

BTW have e-mailed both Yosh R&D and Yosh Korea.
Haha..............about as effective as smoke signals or carrier pigeon.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Bump

I just got off the phone with Yoshimura R&D and the word is they are currently in the process of developing the EMS Cube for the K5 1K. It will be available sometime this year. I asked how long and they said maybe a few more months.

So there you have it Comeback, I figured it would have cost you a few bucks to call to the states. Free for me so that's the latest from Yosh!

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts
Bump

I just got off the phone with Yoshimura R&D and the word is they are currently in the process of developing the EMS Cube for the K5 1K. It will be available sometime this year. I asked how long and they said maybe a few more months.

So there you have it Comeback, I figured it would have cost you a few bucks to call to the states. Free for me so that's the latest for Yosh!
Talked with Doug???

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks folks

This is the reply I got from sales today. Have ti give them
for always beeing quick to reply on any of my requests.

" Hello Narve

Thanks for your interest in Yoshimura products. We have not fully released the EMS Cube. Currently none are being able to ship - we are waiting on the box and the stickers for the model. Should be available soon.

Thanks

Yoshimura R&D of America, Inc. "

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

thats funny. They were waiting on the box to ship them in 2-3 weeks ago. Fuck the box. Just ship them. I guess it is only a couple years late. Might as well wait another month or two to get some boxes and stickers.

I hate to talk negative about yosh, but this is getting rediculous.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Yosh is full of @*$%^#&#*@!!! considering the relationship that SUZUKI and YOSH have, yoshimura should have been the first to put out exhausts and have them readily available and already have enough R&D to develop the cube. when i talked to them they told me like webber they would not be releasing an EMS or EMS cube for the 05 and the sales guy actually told me i would have to go with the power commander!! can you believe that? Gees at least he wasnt lying. Yosh is losing money by the day now (not that they need it or anything), but they have really let down a lot of people.
whew can i have a drink now

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Yosh is full of @*$%^#&#*@!!! considering the relationship that SUZUKI and YOSH have, yoshimura should have been the first to put out exhausts and have them readily available and already have enough R&D to develop the cube. when i talked to them they told me like webber they would not be releasing an EMS or EMS cube for the 05 and the sales guy actually told me i would have to go with the power commander!! can you believe that? Gees at least he wasnt lying. Yosh is losing money by the day now (not that they need it or anything), but they have really let down a lot of people.
whew can i have a drink now
They told all you that so you would quit bugging them.

Damn guy's think about it, Yosh probably got the K5 1K test bikes the same time we did. it takes time to develop products and manufacture them to quality standards so they perform properly.

The EMS Cube is in the Book of Speed with all the part numbers listed for '01-05 Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha only. The K5 1K is not listed but will have a unit available in a few months.... so quit crying and have patience.

Dynojet released their PCIII USB units prematurely. Now some guy's are having problems with them already, throwing FI faults because of the dual injector set up. See the other post in here from WebCrush, he is having trouble with his and Dynojet confirmed there is a problem.

Now you guy's that bought the PC's will have to send them back.

Yoshimura is a great company and they make good stuff. They are taking the time needed to make sure these units do what you expect from them.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I think the yosh cube was in the 03 book of speed and I know it was in the 04 book of speed for the 03-04 1000 with part numbers. So for way over a year it has had part numbers and I have been told in a few weeks. I kept getting told in a few weeks in 2003 it would be out. Then finally in the fall they told me they were having issues with it and were just going to wait untill 04 so that they had it right. So I am calling to get it in spring of 04 and waited untill june or july and finally said fuck it. I can't keep waiting and got a pc3 usb.
So if you think it will be out soon just because it is in the book of speed and they have a part number for it think again. If they had their shit strait they would have had the boxes waiting for the yosh cube to be completed. It is almost 2 years late. Who cares about a damn box. Stick it in a paper bag or some shit. No one cares about the box.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Damn guy's think about it, Yosh probably got the K5 1K test bikes the same time we did. it takes time to develop products and manufacture them to quality standards so they perform properly.
I'd have to disagree with you there. They MUST'VE had some before the rest of us. I mean hell, they were testing all kinds of different pipe designs for Daytona alone and that was back in Feb.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I just got my pc111 usb in the mail 5/17 and now I'm afraid to put it on ! Should I or should'nt I. And, just got a note from jeffw that a jsd2 is in the mail ! Should be here in a couple of days. I'm pretty confused now. Don't want to trash a new bike ! What should I do guys? Wait or put them on ?

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just got my pc111 usb in the mail 5/17 and now I'm afraid to put it on ! Should I or should'nt I. And, just got a note from jeffw that a jsd2 is in the mail ! Should be here in a couple of days. I'm pretty confused now. Don't want to trash a new bike ! What should I do guys? Wait or put them on ?
Install it. I don't think everyone has a problem with it

............and neither of the products will trash your bike

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.