Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw a pic on the site with a guy who has a yoshi exhaust, it looks like it was modified (shit looks HOT!), it was shorter than the normal pipe. do any of you know who makes it and where i can get one? is it a full system? or just a slip on? thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
Its a genuine pipe produced by Yoshimura Japan. I've got one on my K5. Its a half system that keeps the original headers but looses everything else from there. It looks fantastic! and weighs 6lb less than the original titanium dustbin.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i'd have to buy it from japan? or is there a dealer int he country that sells them?

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome to rip off Britain! I bought a full Yoshi system for my K3 when I was on holiday in Florida and carried it home as hand luggage, worked out at £357!

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
For that price just buy a regular TRS slip-on at 1/2 the price and do a cut and shut on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i fitted the japanese handmade yoshi short fullsystem on my 1000gsxr. The stockbike gives 156,4 bhp from the rearwheel and now it gives 168bhp!! At 12500 rpm it produces 16bhp more than stock. Me likes!!!!!!!!!

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
i fitted the japanese handmade yoshi short fullsystem on my 1000gsxr. The stockbike gives 156,4 bhp from the rearwheel and now it gives 168bhp!! At 12500 rpm it produces 16bhp more than stock. Me likes!!!!!!!!!
That's a nice HP gain, but for the $3500 US price tage for it, I would hope so.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
post some pics ...we have the same yello/black K5. i love the japan version short can.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Hmmm, $807.422 USD would be a bit much.

The full Yosh Japan system is $1000 here in South Africa (in SS - Ti is another $150). Problem is that one would need to add a fair bit of shipping to the States. Lucky us

P.S. The system is awesome. But it is a RACE system. It snarls and crackles like a MotoGP bike. I don't think the pics do justice to the shortness on the can. They make good HP as well with everyone here getting at least 10 hp peak from it. It is softer at the bottom though probably due to the shortness of the can. The full system is easy to distinguish from the half system in that the badge on the can is on the rear for the full system and on the frt for the half system. Here is a pic of the full system.

Nigel.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I wonder what led Yoshimura Suzuki (here in the US) to run the TRC design can over the shorty TRS???

·
Registered
438 Posts
Question and suggestions please:

I was planning on getting the Blueflame EVO 3 for: $565 (shipped)

But now I want to get the YOSHIMURA TRI-OVAL - STUBBY(carbon fiber) for $993.46 (shipped):

I guess my questions is do you think its worth the extra $$ to go with the Yoshimura exhaust and does anyone know when they start selling the TRC cone ends will it fit on this pipe?

Thanks in advance..

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
For $993.46 I would just buy a TRC full system from Yosh R&D, but it's your money, I can't rationalize spending a grand on a slip on.

·
Registered
382 Posts
For $993.46 I would just buy a TRC full system from Yosh R&D, but it's your money, I can't rationalize spending a grand on a slip on.
+1 As much as I like it, I just couldn't put that kind of coin down on a slip...

1 - 20 of 85 Posts