Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about buying a Yohsimura EMS for my 01' 750, anybody have some feed back about how you like it and where is the best place to buy it

·
Registered
152 Posts
Same as a powercommander, but if you get all the accessories then it's better than the PC, like shift light, 3-way map switch, ect. If you don't mind used, ebay best place to go, you might even find a brand new one. But it's a good thing to have if you put mods on your bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The EMS system is pretty good..although they stopped making it..i think either this year or last year.. units can still be purchased for models already made just nothing newer of course..

i myself favor the P.Commander easier to use on the computer .The EMS has a few lil annoying tid bids i didnt favor to well

As far as being better then the P.COMMANDER.... yoshimura went directly to the Dyno jet company and paid them to develope the EMS system for them so its not better its the same just a few differences here and there .One key example is a toggle switch that can be put onto your clip ons to toggle thru 3 maps of use..which of course cant be used at once but y ou can run normal,leaner,richer depending on track and area conditions
i found that quite interesting .

as far as accessories..P.COMMANDER is coming out wiht them as of now

·
Registered
951 Posts
Software is almost identicle to PC. No USB on the EMS.....it would be nice because the adapter cords for laptops suck.

I have two EMS and like them. Easy to use and they work fine.

I was told by Yoshi reps they are in the works of making one for the new models. Should be out soon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i bought it new... but how do i know which map is what on the cd.... it's all just numbers... it doesn't tell you to use this map for this setup???

·
Registered
152 Posts
i bought it new... but how do i know which map is what on the cd.... it's all just numbers... it doesn't tell you to use this map for this setup???
First you have to install the cd on your computer. Then click on open file and a list of numbers comes up. You got to go through them all to find the one you need. Just click on a number and click the box that says " notes" and it will explain what the map is for. When you find the one you want, just hook up a serial port cable from the computer to the EMS and click the box " send all " and your map is loaded.

·
Registered
951 Posts
If you need a map go to powercommander sight dynojet.com and print off the map then manualy just plug it into your EMS grid. Thats what i did, works great.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you for the help.... greatly appreciated, hope you guys don't have a problem if i have more questions in the future!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts