Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put this bad boy on and now my bike won't idle when it's cold...it stalls.

After it warms up it runs but a bit choppy.

1. Is this normal and will it go away?
2. Do i need a PC3?
3. Should i get a zyclone instead?

·
Registered
313 Posts
i heard that you need to change the idle, look into this, search this website, not sure exactly it is but i know i have read about this before

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Increase your idle to about 1300 or 1400. That should fix it right up. You don't need PC for bolt-on. I've had TRS on my 04 750 and had same problem when I first installed it.
Enjoy your new sound. It gets louder after you break it in.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Increase your idle to about 1300 or 1400. That should fix it right up. You don't need PC for bolt-on. I've had TRS on my 04 750 and had same problem when I first installed it.
Enjoy your new sound. It gets louder after you break it in.
so did the problem eventually go away and you lowered your idle? Or you left the idle up?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Just leave the idel up. Your bike does that because the race exhaust has less back pressure than a stock exhaust. Getting your bike mapped is always a good idea though. Mine runs really rich here in Albuquerque. I will buy a PC3 and get it dyno'd soon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just leave the idel up. Your bike does that because the race exhaust has less back pressure than a stock exhaust. Getting your bike mapped is always a good idea though. Mine runs really rich here in Albuquerque. I will buy a PC3 and get it dyno'd soon.
ok i'll put the idle up a little.

i'll probably end up goin the PC3 route, but has anyone tried this?

http://66.47.68.116/TEKA_SFI/TEKA_EMS_Suzuki_FI_Adjuster.html

it's $600 but i'm sure you could make some $ back by charging others to tune it. Nice thing is that it uses the stock ECU and simply tunes that.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
i doubt you'd make your money back.
Why in the world did you NOT get the zyclone.
Yes turn the little plack knob to 1300 -1400 warm, you can do even do it without haveing lift the tank.
And any bike can benefit from a power commander as far as just smoothing it out, but its notning major on a bolt on can.

·
Banned
952 Posts
i doubt you'd make your money back.
Why in the world did you NOT get the zyclone.
Yes turn the little plack knob to 1300 -1400 warm, you can do even do it without haveing lift the tank.
And any bike can benefit from a power commander as far as just smoothing it out, but its notning major on a bolt on can.
whats different about the zyclone?

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
hah i said that wrong.

I was wondering why you had got the zyclone. Almost everyone buys the race. zyclone is suppose to be quite and more legal as far as road use.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hah i said that wrong.

I was wondering why you had got the zyclone. Almost everyone buys the race. zyclone is suppose to be quite and more legal as far as road use.
yeah that confused me a bit. I got the race NOT the zyclone, mostly because from what I've read the race is supposed to be louder.

I will up my idle for now and come spring i will get either the PC3 or get the stock ECU changed a bit.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I just put a Yoshi TRS Race Bolt-On on my buddies '04 600 and it had the same nasty rough idle problems. We just turned up the idle a bit and it's gone completely. Not a lot, just a smidge. Did it yesterday. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just put a Yoshi TRS Race Bolt-On on my buddies '04 600 and it had the same nasty rough idle problems. We just turned up the idle a bit and it's gone completely. Not a lot, just a smidge. Did it yesterday. Good luck with yours!
thanks thats good to know!

I'll play with the idle on tuesday when i have some time! I can't wait for spring to get here already so i can get this can broken in already!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a TRS on mine, but it runs with a PCIII tuned for it. When cold, it has a pulsing off beat sound (not much back presure) expecially blowing thru a K&N. I had to kick up the revs to 1400, in which she eminates no probs and when she is warm she really purs. She has never stutterd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts