Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where to buy this? I cant find the Japanese slip on or full system for the 1k5 anywhere online! Help!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Check ebay too, a month ago there was a guy selling it from the UK. Unfortunately it will have to be shipped from far far away.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Well which are you looking for. The shorty slip-on that is sold through Suzuki in Europe is MUCH different than the shorty full system that comes from Yosh Japan.

The slip-on retains the SET valve and it also has a baffle in the end can, I couldn't see justifying getting this pipe.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There are 2 UK Yosh (short end can) half systems.
One keeps the SET is EU stamped road legal (but has removable baffels) and is a genuine Suzuki part and is Ti with no CAT.
One is a "race" can with no SET etc and is SS.
The reason for getting the SET valve can is less hassle from the fuzz.

Regards,

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I guess this is the system you want right? The Yoshimura Tri-Oval ti race system.

It is not on my bike yet as I am waiting for a PC3usb and later a Yoshimura EM Pro ecu.
Sorry repeating my self, but I just can't come to grips why the hell Yoshimura couldn't sort out the Cube unit

Be prepared to pay approx 2500$.

I do not know where in the US you can get this, but I got mine from the Yoshimura dealer here in Korea.
Contact Mr. Lee : [email protected]

He speaks good english and will ship to the US, but again it should be possible to get somewhere in the US I would assume and maybe a bit cheaper as well.

·
Registered
382 Posts

I do not know where in the US you can get this, but I got mine from the Yoshimura dealer here in Korea.

He speaks good english and will ship to the US, but again it should be possible to get somewhere in the US I would assume and maybe a bit cheaper as well.
Holy fucking shit!! $2500??

·
Registered
6,186 Posts

Holy fucking shit!! $2500??
Hear you and agree.............but it's fun anyway

·
Registered
382 Posts
I bet you lucky bastadge!

How does it perform? Man I'd be willing to go as high as $1500 but that's about it.

Do you know how it compares to the Akra evo2 soundwise?

Damn nice system, wish I had the $$$ for something like that.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I bet you lucky bastadge!

How does it perform? Man I'd be willing to go as high as $1500 but that's about it.

Do you know how it compares to the Akra evo2 soundwise?

Damn nice system, wish I had the $$$ for something like that.
Haven't fitted it yet as I am waiting for a PC. Have decided to try a Yosh EM Pro ECU as well together with this system.
I am installing a lot of stuff to the bike and this time around all will go on at the same time as well as keeping most of the stock parts incase I sell it later.

It should be quite loud as it is rated at 103db I think compared to stock at 93db, wich makes it significantly louder.

I have an Akra EVO system on the K2 and if it wasn't for that I just wanted something different this time I would definately have gone for the EVO2 system.
On yellow/black K5, the carbon EVO 2 just looks so made for the bike

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have the black/grey but thinking the evo2 would look good on my bike as well. I wish I could get the evo2 can in a slip on version, that would be nice.

How does it sound on your k2? I had an akra 4-1 race on my '01 R1 and it was a bit too quiet for my taste. Is the shorter akra muffler considerably louder, different sounding?

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I think that the yosh shorty fits the k5 best (looks wise), performance should be good. Please keep us posted once you have everything installed. Would love to know how it all comes together and what type of performance benefits you'll see. Should be a monster when all's said and done

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I have the black/grey but thinking the evo2 would look good on my bike as well. I wish I could get the evo2 can in a slip on version, that would be nice.

How does it sound on your k2? I had an akra 4-1 race on my '01 R1 and it was a bit too quiet for my taste. Is the shorter akra muffler considerably louder, different sounding?

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I think that the yosh shorty fits the k5 best (looks wise), performance should be good. Please keep us posted once you have everything installed. Would love to know how it all comes together and what type of performance benefits you'll see. Should be a monster when all's said and done
It will look good on any bike

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I have the Akra evo "old" style long can. It sounds good enough to me, but if it was important to me I would have liked it to be a bit deeper.

I would suspect the shorter EVO 2 to louder and deeper, at least louder

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
crescent NEVER returns emails!!! i havent heard from that guy in Korea yet either. ANywhere else guys???

1 - 20 of 30 Posts