Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I was snooping in ebay a few weeks ago and saw that keethgonz had a Yosh 4 degree ignition advancer listed and bought it for $25. Just got it a few days ago and went out tonight to install it, taking the chance that the timer cover gasket would stay intact (it did!). :punk

And much to my chagrin, found that a previous owner had installed a Factory Pro 4 degree advancer!! :wtf Wasn't the guy I bought the bike from, the only things he did was rejet the carbs and put a new chain and tires on the bike.

So... installed the Yoshi unit (for general purpose since it's milled out on the back). Feel a little foolish, but w/out tearing off the timer cover prior to buying the advancer, how was I to know? :hammer

At any rate, now have a FP 4 degree unit sitting here.

And while I'm thinking about it, do I need to be concerned that there was a little oil in the chest when I pulled the cover? Few drips, but wiped up clean when I installed the Yosh unit.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
So nobody answered this?

No, you don't need to be concerned about a little oil being in there, they all have this.. Just don't ask me why!

·
Premium Member
6,254 Posts
yup dont worry about the oil i flipped out when i had some in there too haha so what kinda difference would u notice between the yosh and the fp ive got the fp +4 also

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
there shouldn't be any difference between the 2 if they are both 4 degrees. And FFE I've been there, purchased advanceers thinking bike was stock, only to find one installed. Oil is normal, keeps the advancer/shaft lubed to prevent rust.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heh... I'd forgotten about this already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.