Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there im new in this site and generaly in susuki team ,and im from greece!.recently i bought a gsxr1000 k3 wich is the same with k4(mu old bike was R1) and i want to fit a yosh tri-oval,so here i need your help,how much is the diference between a slip on and a full system?(always yosh tri oval),with the full system did ilose torgue and HP to the low and midle rpm?ALSO the SET dont work with full system!you think the akrapovice had better perfomance?thank and sorry about my language!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got the slip on and havent noticed any loss of power but the bike feels stronger up in the revs plus it sounds great. besides the bike already has titanium headers so I didnt see the need to buy a fullsystem.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I got the slip on and havent noticed any loss of power but the bike feels stronger up in the revs plus it sounds great. besides the bike already has titanium headers so I didnt see the need to buy a fullsystem.
I've very much tempted to buy this TRS slip-on and then chop it down like the one in your avatar. Have you given this idea any thought?

·
Registered
131 Posts
You're correct, the factory titanium headers on the K5 are the finest I've ever seen on any bike. I've been riding for over 20 years and do all of my mechanical work myself. I buy a new bike every 1-2 years and have always used full systems. Not this time! My K5 has an M4 slip-on. I saved $700 and believe that there will only be a few hp's gained over a slip-on (with only some full systems) and in an RPM range that you will not spend much time in on the street. Save your money, get a slip-on. Spend your money on an air filter, 520 conversion, and a custom mapped PC.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
You're correct, the factory titanium headers on the K5 are the finest I've ever seen on any bike. I've been riding for over 20 years and do all of my mechanical work myself. I buy a new bike every 1-2 years and have always used full systems. Not this time! My K5 has an M4 slip-on. I saved $700 and believe that there will only be a few hp's gained over a slip-on (with only some full systems) and in an RPM range that you will not spend much time in on the street. Save your money, get a slip-on. Spend your money on an air filter, 520 conversion, and a custom mapped PC.
Just so you know, someone on here put on a Jap spec full Yosh system and got an approx. 16 HP increase, slip on will only net you maybe 5-6 tops.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I see lots of claims for full systems, I have never seen more than 10 hp on dyno for any of my bikes even using Arata, Sato or M4 which are top pipes. I've never seen 10 from a full Yosh. I have watched a close friend dyno probably over 100 bikes at his race shop (true readings not claims).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts