Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. I have a set of stainless headers that I'm not going to reuse. They came off a '92 GSX-R750 heavily featured in these forums last summer/fall under "Abuse, disgrace and more abuse". They are boxed and ready to ship. There are plenty of blems, but if you're interested, you can refer to that thread or send me a pm and I'll send more pics, detailing whatever you need to see.

(ahem) As I've always told my son, "Son, if you have an item which is valued at $100, but the most anyone will give you for it is $10, then you in reality have a $10 item. And if you're motivated to sell it, put a $5 price tag on it." (this piece of advice is not copyrighted, so make it your own - nobody wants to hear it anyway...).

That said, let me know what it's worth to you - I still gotta buy a tank and front fender.

Have a great day!

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gotta' start somewhere... $50 + shipping. Spigots, bolts (inc. 2 replacements, not yet drilled) and all blems included. Unless somebody wants to swap for a reasonably clean and intact tank for a '92 750. Hmmm? I will eventually post pics of all the bad parts. I don't do surprises (and I hope the jerk who welded the plates on these pipes, AND the OEM set I bought later, is reading this. Idiot - those plates are SUPPOSED to come off when you take out the bolts!).

Now I feel better :biggrin

don

·
10,467 Posts
Yeah, that's a crime right there. Crazy stuff. Thanks for posting the other pics. If nobody is interested in the header, I may be interested in just the spigots as long as they aren't damaged. Its hard to tell from the photos only because I would not be surprised given what that guy did to it, otherwise I'd say they look fine?

·
10,467 Posts
Oh damn, just saw this...

I guess the spigots are toast too. It almost looks like that fool tried to weld the aluminum spigots to the stainless header. Oh, and I love the final solution to his lack of springs problem...

That right there is just classic. I would have had to ask him directly about that one! Lol. Sorry man, I'm trying to laugh with you. I really can feel your pain. I've seen a lot of WTF? in my days, but this has to be one of the better ones.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eric, now that you're beginning to remember the early days of this thread, you will also no doubt recall that you have already been of assistance in this debacle, er..... undertaking! Actually, the spigots cleaned up well although two of them had to have the crappy parts cut off. However, they'll still do their job. You might also note that the "wings" containing the bolt holes have been bent slightly toward the block, which means the holes are no longer on the same axis as the threaded holes in the block. My solution is to simply "adjust" the passages in the spigots with rat-tail and chainsaw files. Somebody remind me to post pics of the used stock headers I bought off CL - the seller "accidentally" forgot to post any detailed pics of the weld job on the exhaust plates on those pipes. How is it possible for these people to operate a welder without electrocuting themselves?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
(clears throat) Gentlemen, good morning. Did I mention "O.B.O."? If I have to just pay it forward and give these to someone who needs them, no problem. However, if somebody could at least afford the shipping...

And I still need a serviceable front fender for this '92 750.

Blessings on yer Tuesday,

don

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Don,
If the pipes are still available I'll take them and pay for the shipping. Let me know. I can PayPal you the money. L8R Mark

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gone, gone, gone. Thanks to all for looking. Mark, sent me a pm with your shipping address and I'll let you know what it cost to ship out.

Maximum blessings,

don

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
4 Participants
LawBrkrRcn
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing