Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pair of carb side covers they don't want?
These were fitted around 89-91 ish and stopped air coming into the carbs from the sides.
As far as I know, Airtech doesn't make them.

Graham

G

·
0 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Graham:
Does anyone have a pair of carb side covers they don't want?
These were fitted around 89-91 ish and stopped air coming into the carbs from the sides.
As far as I know, Airtech doesn't make them.

Graham
<hr></blockquote>

Good luck in finding a set...... I saw some on Ebay a while back but they are few and far between.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Okay heres the deal. I still have the Heat Shield part of the set, but when I went to order the Cold Air Kit (sidepanels, and hoses) Yosh was sold out, Mind you this was in 96 and Yosh will not be making any more. The only thing you can do is to use a Airtech Ram Air Box. It will work with any carbs and fully incloses the carbs. Real pain to jet though and costs about 550.00. Or you can use a side panel set from Airtech from the RGV500 kit. I have a set of these that I plan on using (if I ever put bodywork back on) with the 93 Yoshimura Superbike body that I got from Airtech. They are like the Yosh side panels you are looking for but have a 2.5 in air inlet built into them. they would not work well with anything Stock. If you want to modify a later Airtech Ram Air box I have a brand new never mounted one for a 94-95 that I bought because the hoses enter on the top like the old Yosh kit.

Bones

PS. I have a NOS Yosh side cover kit with the ducts that you put in the fairing for the 86-87 GSXR's

G

·
0 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bones_GSXR:
If you want to modify a later Airtech Ram Air box I have a brand new never mounted one for a 94-95 that I bought because the hoses enter on the top like the old Yosh kit.

Bones
<hr></blockquote>

Bones, how much for the 94-95 Ram Airbox? Also does it have the bottom sculpted for the alternator?

[ 02-17-2002: Message edited by: GixxerRacer371 ]</p>

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I have to go down into the GSXR graveyard (My basement) and look at it. Acording to Airtech it was redesigned to fit the 94-94 750 and the 94-98 1100 because of the mounts on the side of the cyl head. It should fit the 93 Water cooled line (600/750/1100) as they do not have the mounts. The P/N is 5GSXRAB and it retails for 505.00 make me an offer...
Bones
Oh yea I have a solo race tail from Airtech that is for your 600 as well P/N GSXR64B. It is new and is the type that uses a foam pad (I do not have the pad) that is just sitting as well.

It is only the airbox in the following pic The Scoops were extra and I did not need them on the 93 Yosh superbike bodywork.
1014036022.jpg

[ 02-18-2002: Message edited by: Bones_GSXR ]</p>

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you go to airtechs web site and look up the rgv replica bodywork for a gixxer they show in the pic carb covers that go on the frame with air tubes out the front

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've got a set (no I'm keeping 'em) but I'm thinking(dangerous)...how hard would it be to make a mold and make some more of these things???..I was thinking it would be cool to make a set out of carbon fiber...Any ideas???

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I have a set of the Airtech covers shown with the RGV kit. I just looked at them and it would not be that hard to make them into a airbox (I know if it can't be that hard why did I spend 500 bucks on the ram air box) I also went over to a buddies that has a Full Yosh Cold Air kit on his 90 1100. It only makes a partial airbox (its open on the backside) He also said that the yosh sidecovers have a problem blowing off at speeds over 150 as they were held on by velcro. He fixed this on his with screws. I of corse told him that this would not be a problem for me because I NEVER exceed the 65mph speed limit. The Airtech sidecovers have larger flrnges to combat this problem.
Bones
1014104265.jpg
1014104347.jpg
1014104417.jpg

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: Bones_GSXR ]</p>

G

·
0 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bones_GSXR:
The P/N is 5GSXRAB and it retails for 505.00 make me an offer...
Bones
[ 02-18-2002: Message edited by: Bones_GSXR ]
<hr></blockquote>

Yeah I'm very familiar with Airtech's Ram Airbox.... I actually bought one from a guy for $170.00 not to long ago but he failed to tell me that he modified it so you couldn't use the alternator with it.

I have the 95 Factory Suzuki race kit carbon fiber body on my bike now..... I also have the kit Carbon Fiber Ram Airbox covers but not the airbox itself.

The most I could offer for the Ram AirBox is $170.00 though..... if that's not enough you may be able to list it in the WaterCooled Forum where I'm the Moderator, you may be able to get someone there to give you more for it.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I would let it go for 170+frt. Send a PM if interested.
Bones

G

·
0 Posts
I would let it go for 170+frt. Send a PM if interested.
Bones
<hr></blockquote>

Can you verify that the bottom is sculpted for the alternator recess. Also has it been modified in any way or painted? Thanks.....

Dan

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Dan
It is relieved on the bottom for the starter/alt. The depth varies from 1 to 2.25in and is shaped for these items. It has never been mounted or painted in any way.
Bones

G

·
0 Posts
Dan
It is relieved on the bottom for the starter/alt. The depth varies from 1 to 2.25in and is shaped for these items. It has never been mounted or painted in any way.
Bones
<hr></blockquote>

Well after all this I am still waiting on PayPal to refund some money from a transaction that went bad so it'll be a while before I get it. There is another member here that would like to buy it from you so feel free to sell it to him! Thanks for your time though, it is appreciated!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts