Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clear Coat we used was OMNI...It give a wetter look than some of the others we've used...

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
isnt omni one of ppg, lower end paints?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most every paint brand is a division of Dupont in some way...And i don't consider Dupont "anything" CHEAP or low end when it comes to Base/ Clear... Now there are some CHEAP single stage paints out there...

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
ive been using ppg concept which is expensive but seems to be easy to shoot for a hack.

someone mentioned omni as a cheaper paint is it user freindly to shoot or did you use a real painter?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am pretty good with a gun when it comes to spraying...You'll see...Yes, it is easier to shoot than some of the others

We took turns spraying but only on wk-ends when I was home...i wanted to be involved with it every step of the way, that way I could make changes if I wanted to... That is why it has taken so long to finish...I can assure you it looks awesome for a squid being behind the gun...!

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
ive been happy with how mine have turned out but im told im wasting alot of money on paint. I think concept is one of there top of the line paints.

considering ive had to paint after every race this year, i could use something cheaper

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
Me no like OMNI.
And Yes, it is a budget minded Clear.

I've got about 1/3 Qt of it and the necessary hardener in the garage right now... probably will get trashed sooner or later.

I prefer Dupont ChromaClear. Yes, it's more expensive but I think it's also a lot better clear.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
Me no like OMNI.

I've got about 1/3 Qt of it and the necessary hardener in the garage right now... probably will get trashed sooner or later.

I prefer Dupont ChromaClear. Yes, it's more expensive but I think it's also a lot better clear.
about how much is the paint and hardner????

concept is a one stage paint but i still clear it for bling bling

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
Me no like OMNI.

about how much is the paint and hardner????

concept is a one stage paint but i still clear it for bling bling
Honestly, I'm not sure... I'll be purchasing some more today or tomorrow so I'll let you know.

Stuff shoots easy and I've had less problems with it than the cheaper stuff. Results are better too.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
thats what im worried about, the paint needs to make up for lack of talent also

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
thats what im worried about, the paint needs to make up for lack of talent also
wiz--better paint won't make you a better ride.

thats what you meant by 'lack' of talent, right?

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
no i didnt have you in mind when i mentioned it

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Ya I spay with omni also! Its the lower line PPG but its not bad for the price. Its good for bikes! I just dont like there blacks or the reds, Ill use the ppg bases for those colors.

On my bike I have house of kolor base with Omni clear

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
NEW PAINT

CLEAR COAT

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
no i didnt have you in mind when i mentioned it
*cough*, i own you *cough*.

one good/bad week does not entitle own.