Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the bike seems to sputter when you give little abouts of gas (such as taking off in 1st). if i raise the needle hieght will that cure the problem? it been so long since ive screwed with carbs i forgot alot about them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd say you probably need to lower your needle. This will weaken the mixture. If the problem has slowly appeared it probably because your emulsion jets have worn this makes the bike run rich in the transistion stage (ie needle control). have a look at them where the needle enters them and see if they are still round if there is any sign of dis-shapement its probably worth replacing them. As a very rough rule of thumb Spluttering is usually a rich mix and flat spots a lean mix. Good luck with the usual carb woes!

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say you probably need to lower your needle. This will weaken the mixture. If the problem has slowly appeared it probably because your emulsion jets have worn this makes the bike run rich in the transistion stage (ie needle control). have a look at them where the needle enters them and see if they are still round if there is any sign of dis-shapement its probably worth replacing them. As a very rough rule of thumb Spluttering is usually a rich mix and flat spots a lean mix. Good luck with the usual carb woes!
yes that is what i meant. raising the needle will in turn actually lower it. i just jetted it and am having this problem. so it not like it was caused over time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts