Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I do a leg extension while laying on the flat bench, I take my legs ALL THE WAY DOWN. I see a lot of peeps just pushing their legs out, and back in. When I push my out, I take them all the way down. IMO, that is where you get the burn from this exercise.

In the latter part of the vid, I am doing leg push out ab exercises. But, notice how my legs go all the way down. BTW, I do this exercise with a 20 lb dumbell.

http://www.cehoward.net/abex1.MOV

In addition, my percentage of fat is way, way, way down.. I noticed that this morning in these low res pics of me doing some front squats with a 35 lb plate. Why was I doing front squats with a 35lb plate? Because my elbow swelled up on me, and I am going low key for about 3 weeks for it to heel.:crying My shoulders will dam near show every muscle in there in detail.

·
Premium Member
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant get the vid to play.

You are in great shape old man.
At 68 years old, gym time 6 days a week, it pays off.:cheers

you need quick time to see the vid.

I want you to check out that ab movement at the end of the vid.

·
Banned
12,040 Posts
At 68 years old, gym time 6 days a week, it pays off.:cheers

you need quick time to see the vid.

I want you to check out that ab movement at the end of the vid.
I can promise you that at age 68 I WILL NOT look as good as you do. I will be at the golf course with my beer belly carting the course..

I have quicktime - still doesnt work...

Error 2048 - could not open because it is a file that quicktime does not understand :cheers

·
Premium Member
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can promise you that at age 68 I WILL NOT look as good as you do. I will be at the golf course with my beer belly carting the course..

I have quicktime - still doesnt work...

Error 2048 - could not open because it is a file that quicktime does not understand :cheers
You gonna break that promise!!:biggrin

Okay, you can hit the beer, and the golf course, but as long as you stay faithful to the gym, and be careful of what you eat, no, you not going to look like me at 68, you gonna look better than me when you are 68 and over.. Trust me, it works!!!!
:cheers

Don't know what the problem is, the file has an "mov" extension. Another computer and you will see it. Nothing way out, but it is the way I do the exercise that gives me a burn. And I do have a flat, flat stomach..

·
Premium Member
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your like jack lelanne.
I wish, and hoping..Right now, with a swollen left elbow it is pure agony not to do a full, or even a half of a workout!!:crying But, I still do something. A bunch of ab exercises, some light cardio, stretching, walking around and talking to every fine lady in the gym.. Now, that is my specialty..:biggrin.

·
Premium Member
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damn! what ur fat percentage?

how are you so cut? nice ab workout also!
I get asked that same question, day in and day out. I haven't had it measured but, I am quite sure I am not pushing nothing over 2% body fat..

The big guys at the gym tell me they want to get cut like me, that always blows my head up..:biggrin

My routine gets me that way, not trying to get cut. Just trying to beat the AGING PROCESS, and put off the bad arthiritis I have. Also, looking at charts, I am running something like 30 lbs underweight. For my height, 6'3" the low weight is 176 lbs, and the ideal weight is 216 lbs. I weigh 138 lbs.. However, I am super healthy, I do sling the motorcycle around on the racetrack, and I have out raced fasters and younger guys than me in long 30 minutes races, because they were NOT in shape. They got tired, and the old man came up on them and passed them.. :biggrin

I post a lot of stuff, just to stay motivated. The trick at keeping yourself in the healthy lifestyle is to make sure you keep the habit of daily exercise and good eating habits.

BTW, my ab workouts are mean!! :biggrin

·
Premium Member
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm confused, what does this have to do with Obama?
Ya must be BLIND!! This is the HEALTH & FITNESS area. We talk about health & fitness here. You wanna talk about other things, go to that forum/area. Or are you just tryin to be a smart ass? If so, you didn't make the "smart" part, but you nailed the "ass" part!!:cool

·
Premium Member
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damn! what ur fat percentage?

how are you so cut? nice ab workout also!
The ab workouts work, and they are paying off big time in my old age, as this picture shows. My stomach is flat, almost zero fat, nothing hanging over. And almost 70 years old..And I have more hp on my race and streetbike too. :)

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
yah, I was going to say that I don't think you can live with 2% or less. Around the lowest i've seen was 5% I think and he didn't have skin but a thin film over his muscles lol.

Looking damn good at that age cehoward. I'm hoping I can keep it up for as long as you have. Never done ab work outs though as a lot of full body lifts I do like deadlift, less press, skulls all make me tighten my abs like all hell.

We have a few older guys that are monsters at the Golds gym I go to. Truly amazing how some people keep it up. I have a ton of respect for older people who keep it up. That's dedication!

·
Premium Member
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
id say your between 6-8 %, seeing how i think atleast 2-3 % covers all the vital organs
Hey, I take your word for it.:)

The most comments I get at the gym is this, and this is before they even say hello or anything. "You gotta be zero fat".. "what is your fat percentage". This is all I hear. I have never had it measured. So, with all the comments from others, I was thinking I must be real low or have an non-existing fat level.

I think a lot of the comments are coming because of my age. Everyone knows that after a certain age flab/fat/whatever comes on naturaly. It is part of the aging process.

And that is my main goal at exercising, slowing down the aging process and and keep arthritis at bay. I am wining both those battles, but those two never stop trying to get me. :) In the end they will eventually get me, but I will fight them to the end. :)

I know that exercise keeps me moving around like a youngster and feeling good. So, that is why I adhere to solid regular exercise.
Thanks for the correction..All I want to do stay healthy..Real healthy:cheers

·
Premium Member
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yah, I was going to say that I don't think you can live with 2% or less. Around the lowest i've seen was 5% I think and he didn't have skin but a thin film over his muscles lol.

Looking damn good at that age cehoward. I'm hoping I can keep it up for as long as you have. Never done ab work outs though as a lot of full body lifts I do like deadlift, less press, skulls all make me tighten my abs like all hell.

We have a few older guys that are monsters at the Golds gym I go to. Truly amazing how some people keep it up. I have a ton of respect for older people who keep it up. That's dedication!
Corey, like I mentioned to the other poster, I HAVE to keep working out. I have Father Time, and Mr. Arthiritis on my tail big time. I have out run them pretty good so far. They both have cut me down some in the last couple years, but I was so far ahead of them, that even with them catching me a little bit, I am still "beating the wheel".

In my routines, I concentrate on weight training, stretching and cardio, along with good eating habits, and lots of rest. Nothing special there, except I stay regular, and it works. I am about 30 lbs underweight for my height, but super healthy. So, I don't worry about that part. My weight training doesn't go to max. I go do about 8 to 12 reps, sometimes 6 to 8 reps in all my sets. Ab workouts I do everyday, and on rest days I concentrate on ab workouts. That keeps my stomach and mid section tight, flat and rock hard. The ladies like that!! :biggrin

Another thing too, I try to keep the motivation running wild. I found out that is the only way to stay in the game year in an year out. A lot of things happen to peeps and they slip out of the game. Then the flab, and all the other maladies that come from not exercising slip in. I have overcome that.

I am broke as a doornail, but I hit the gym everyday like clockwork, and I get high off of working out too.. :biggrin

Luck, happy new year to all,

Coleman

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
7 Participants
cehowardrx7
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing