Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep...i\'m the new guy.....HELP!!!!

i just got a 89 GSX-R 750...its kinda a mess..i need a lot of help...the guy drag raced it with a 1100...but he took that out b4 i got it...its Slmed +3 swing arm it has 92 skins.

now what i need is this....

Missing Front Break one side "the side that is there is 6 piston" uMmmmmm and i need a speedo..it has a air shifter that works..i dont want that on the bike i would be willing to trade it for missing parts that i need if some one can help.....my E mail is [email protected]

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Re: Yep...i\'m the new guy.....HELP!!!!

Being a former drag bike it could be a "break", but if you're looking for another 6 pot, Give Ebay a try if none of us has an odd one lying around. It's kind of like looking for a left shoe and they only sell pairs. I found a set off a 96-99 gixxer 750 that bolted right on. I got lucky that the bidding ended at $65. I've seen them as high as $150. Speedos are a rare find. Bone yards or ebay again.

Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

An alternative for the speedo can be the bicycle-computer thing... I have a sigma bc 1200 on mine in place of the OEM speedo and except for the lack of a backlight, it's perfect. I just put a LED on mine to light it up so I can see at night, but there are other solutions like http://www.atvcost.com/panoram/panoram.htm
but I never tried to fit one of those on my gix.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

see.....i dident know what year break systems would work for my bike.

that helps a lot...

and thanxs for all your help...

i will post some pics real soon

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts

Welcome to the board newbie! I live in Tampa area also, you wanna tag up and ride some day?

[ 10-04-2002, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Simon Orttan ]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Sweet some one els from Tampa...hey yah i would like to meet up with more peeps....i have some otha friends who ride...i cant ride witht em..becouse my bike is too low...i cant take turns as fast as them with the +3 swing arm

Yha E mail me if you would like to meet up some time

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts

I have a gauge cluster off of a 91 1100 but the tach red line will be off for your 750. Shows 21462 on the odm. 75.00+frt
Bones

·
Registered
978 Posts

WHAT do you want to trade for that air shifter???
oh ya welcome

[ 10-05-2002, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: GSXR1255JIMMY ]

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts

HAHAHA Paul its just me Saif messing with ya!!! LOL

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Ok...Check this....when i ride the bike HARD...likekinda fast..the GAS starts to come out the top of the tank..."little hoez on top?"...i know from all the dirt bikes that..its a breater of some kind...well ne whO the gas like to come out of there when i ride hard...dose ne one know of this?

and how to fix it?

O yah thanxs for the speedo...i do want it..i have a tach on the bike just no speedo...

and i dont have ne thing to hook it uP too..some one was telling me that i might be missing the some of the wires for ne thing that gos up there witht he tach and speedo.....?!

ok will get back thanxs for allthe help guys i will be taking pics today "10/06/02"

·
Registered
461 Posts

Originally posted by FastCat:
I just put a LED on mine to light it up so I can see at night, but there are other solutions like http://www.atvcost.com/panoram/panoram.htm
but I never tried to fit one of those on my gix.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">that is a nice computer(I bought ne, but returned it).
the main reasons I returned it, it only goes up to 200km/h(125mph) and the backlight only stays lit for 10 seconds then shuts off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

yah and i want it to be N MPH not KPH

1 - 13 of 13 Posts