Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i did a search and none of the things i found answered my question so here goes. im looking to go -1 front sprocket, so i just want to make SURE that the stock sprocket is 16 teeth. if someone could just say that it is indeed 16, all my questions will be answered. thx in advance

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Yup......... 16 is the stock size!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good thing too cuz i just ordered a 15 for the front. thx guys!

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

You'll love that 15 too!!! Great cheap mod!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is there a preffered manufacturer for sprockets or is it all 6 of one half dozen of another? cuz i just bought vortex, but i can cancel my order if there is a better one.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I've got an AFAM, but all of the major MFG's are good. The fronts are less important than the rears......... as long as they are made of steel.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awesome. so i should be safe with a vortex. thx a bunch

·
Registered
140 Posts
question...i have an RK quick acc kit....520 (-1) steel front....BUT it has an aluminum rear sprocket....i'm alittle weary about the aluminum...i know it wears faster. Anything else i should be weary about? (no extreme accl or major wheelies yet)

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
It will wear faster and that's it. I didn't like the aluminum rear so I went with a Sidewinder rear. It has the best of both worlds, steel teeth and an aluminum center, but it is expensive compared to aluminum ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts