Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its starting to get awfully hot here in So. California, and just went to a different oil (15-20 weight), and would like to add a temperature gauge.....would anyone have any recommedations as to a good temp. gauge, and where on an oil cooled engine to plug it into.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I'll be putting a Yoshimura oil sensor on mine. It mounts under the right side engine cover where the oil sensor plug is. You can see it in the Yosh "Book of Speed" or at their website...Yoshimura R&D

It is better than the Daytona oil guage, but more costly ...$170

You might also be interested in fitting a second oil cooler as I did...

Well, what ever you do, have fun. Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
lockhart has newer daytona gauges that can display degrees in celsius or fahrenheit, and are backlit as well. (unfortunately, they didn't have these when i had my old gsxr's so i had to settle for the old style non-backlit celsius one.)

the daytonas come with the sensor - you'll just need to find the thread diameter and pitch of the oil gallery bolt you'll replace the sensor with.

·
Banned
982 Posts
If Your looking for something like this...I can get You one..I get them imported to Me from England.
If You interested,E-mail Me and I'll chech the price for You later!

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: Joey-GSXR1100 ]

·
Banned
982 Posts
OK!!Fuck You Guys!!

Cant You get off and look,or put a longer braided line and put the guage somewhere else.....MAYBE UP YOUR ASSES!!!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is minor but don't you lose your oil pressure light if you put in the temp guage? I vaugly remembering the yosh unit had both temp and the pressure switch, so it might be worth the extra bucks if that's true. I'm not positive about that, though.

Matt

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
the oil cooled motors have oil gallery plugs all over the place (3 on the oil pan alone!), so you don't need to remove the pressure switch.

on my 86 the sensor for the daytona oil temp gauge screwed into the front of the oil pan, next to the oil filter.

on the newer gsxr motors, though, there don't seem to be too many oil gallery plugs. on my 2000 750, i could only find 3 plugs....and two of them are only like 6 or 7mm in diameter - too small for any of the sensors that you could get with the daytona (or yosh, for that matter) gauges.

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: jeff ]

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hey Joey, how much for the crank breather set up? That seems pretty popular in England (that's were you get them I guess..Duh Robbo!!)...looks pretty cool and functional too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts