Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
/rant

FUCK THAT BULLSHIT! Seriously. It was bad enough that they had to have a regular season over there now they're going to take the single greatest AMERICAN sporting event ever and transplant it too? Fuck that noise. They don't even give a shit about the sport.

First of all, way to piss on the fans of whoever's team makes it. What happens if the Lions go all the way and to reward the starving Lion's fans for their years of devotion they have to come up with like ten large just to see their team play? Let's consider the financial aspect of this as well. Anyone have any idea how much money hosting a Super Bowl means to a host city? A fuck ton, that's how much. There's a reason teams build amazing new stadiums in hopes of attracting one. So since we're clearly in a recession why not look out for our own first? I don't even care what city gets it because any single city that gets a jolt to the economy helps the entire country. To take the revenue overseas is just plain stupid. I hope this is a stunt to try to drum up emotion and discussion because if this is legit it's not very bright and a real low blow to the fans... who already don't get enough credit for making the sport what it is.

FUCK THIS SHIT!

/rant

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where are you getting this? I just looked on msnbc, and don't see anything about it
It's being talked about on ESPN-HD but I didn't see it on the site yet. Here's a link to a small story on Fox. They had mentioned it but I guess he's pretty serious now and they're actually talking numbers and might ink it. Grrrrr :cursing

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
I sure hope so. I can't believe both the BBC and ESPN were reporting it as fact. I was a little bit worked up about this crap. :biggrin

Agreed. The NFL is America's REAL past time. Baseball is America's waste of time. :lmao They cannot make the Superbowl in some foreign country. If anything they should open it up to every stadium regardless of weather, dome, etc.

·
Registered
516 Posts
:cursing I say to even qualify to be able to host the Superbowl you should have to have an NFL franchise in the city or at least state. That's probably the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time. It's the National Football League. Not International Football League. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Agreed. The NFL is America's REAL past time. Baseball is America's waste of time. :lmao They cannot make the Superbowl in some foreign country. If anything they should open it up to every stadium regardless of weather, dome, etc.
:nono baseball is WAY better than football. but agreed football should stay american. its the only sport we have left that isnt international, they should keep it exclusive.

·
Taught Goatsee everything he "knows"
12,629 Posts
I hope it isnt true. And taking a sport over seas that isnt popular or even known, and much less understood is just stupid. And theyre talking about the main event. Now if they were looking to schedule regular games abroad, in an attempt to garner internation interest and attention to the sport to help it grow, then that would be a little different. But still a waste of time and money.

The NFL becoming the IFL. Not likely

Which sounds better? Nation Football League or Internation Football League?

Maybe they are just spreading this news for hype and attention.

EDIT: Who brong this back up? Just noticed its old. :hammer Jwolfe06 bumped this. Fucking 09s.

And further more if you do a search, this isnt happening.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
not saying i dont like football, just that baseball is a better sport. you need a lot more ability to make it in baseball.
aHaha... good one. :lmao

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
explain how im wrong.....
Isn't this one of your 'sports' elite level 'athletes' ??

Baseball is the only sport (if you want to call it that) that the start players of the sport couldn't run a mile w/o being in serious trouble.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Isn't this one of your 'sports' elite level 'athletes' ??

Baseball is the only sport (if you want to call it that) that the start players of the sport couldn't run a mile w/o being in serious trouble.
:wacko

i guess i need to start pasting the 350+ pounders that protect the quarterback huh? there are far more football players that would die in a mile than baseball players. hell who was that beast of a man that almost passed out in the super bowl returning a ball 100 yards? also, what you dont realize is running all 4 bases is 120yards. most 260+ guys in baseball can still do that rather quickly.

but if we're going on mile times, then i guess babe ruth was a horrible athlete too. :wait

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, what was I thinking. Baseball players are SUCH better athletes. :lmao

Now that I admitted defeat, back on topic. Take your baseball talk somewhere else because nobody here cares.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts