Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a used tank for my 88 GSXR 750 that i have owned for all of 15 days, it got low on gas and when i filled it up for the 1st time since i bought it and noticed that the bottom of the tank is eat up with cancer! please help me so i can ride again!
email: [email protected]

·
Registered
219 Posts
Does it have holes in it or is it just rusty? There is a product out there called KREEM that works wonders. It basically consists of rust remover/etching solution and heavy latex paint but it's the right combo and it's made for motorcycle gas tanks. It might be worth looking into. If it has small holes in it you still might salvage it with the KREEM and some gas resistant two-part epoxy. Good luck!

[ 05-08-2002, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: 88/750 ]

·
Registered
176 Posts
My bike had sat for about 9 years with "gas" in the tank, and rust had actually eaten a small hole in the tank. The hole patched easily with JB Weld (the overnight type, not the 4 minute). Then I used the Kreem products, and it worked perfectly, and was pretty easy (just be really, really careful with the stuff, cause it will remove paint!)

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I have two 91 1100 tanks if you decide to switch. The difference is that the 1100 had a level sender in the bottom.
Bones

1 - 4 of 4 Posts