Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Shocker
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we just got my motor back together last week after some freshening up. Ran the pile on the Dyno after practice to fix some hesiation in the throttle, and found that it made about 3HP less. That's all I need to make even LESS HP against those R6's. Oh well. Turned out to be not all THAT bad.
First race was 600Mod Prod. During the first start, I got a crappy on as usual, and had to start making up ground. I passed a couple of guys in 1, and then while setting up for two, shaggy came underneath me.. I was already there, so we made contact... My elbo actually got hooked onto either his foot or footpeg.. and it yanked my hand off the throttle.. mean while the guy on the outside of me was making contact with me on the other side.. to say that was GNARLY.. would be tanking it lightly. I still passed them both at the exit of 2

Red flag comes out.. we go back to the pits..
Race was restarted (6lap restart).. I got another crappy start... This time, I just start picking fools off. I caught and passed a whole bunch of guys, and started to chase the lead pack. With only 6 laps, they had gotten away.. apparently I gapped 6th place pretty good too.. I finished 5th.. Best time of a 1:27 and change.
My next race was 650 Superbike... woh man was that a horrible start.. Not only that, but all the riders bunched up into 1, allowed my normal pack of riders to get away. I fought through a bunch of guys, and ended up getting into a 5 lap dice with Stan bates. I'm faster than that dude, so I don't know what the deal was.. but I'd pass him, and he'd pass me back like 15 times per lap. I sat back, and figured I'd set him up for turn 9 on the last lap. I have this crazy line into 9 where I rail the inside and pass people. Stan I think knew this becuase he kinda pinched me off a bit.. When I went by him in 9, I didn't really have the drive coming out, so He beat me to the line by like >< that much. Finished 11th, and best lap of a 1:28 and change
Final race of the day.. Formula 2... This is by far my toughest class.. there's a bunch of fast mofo's in this one for sure. I got an okay start, and was actually hanging with those crazy guys on the start.. sweet.. I got around that Maui dude.. and pretty much rode by myself the entire 8 laps.. I got by brad adams on like the 3rd lap.. but that's only becuase he broke down and had his leg-off the bike signaling he was getting off the track... I ended up finishing 7th in this one.. I guess running by myself didn't really give me much motivation to try and go fast, all I could do was 1:29's in that race.
Overall, the weekend was good for me.. ON sunday I never did slower than a :29.. not bad for me at all.. Huge thanks goes out to my boy Chris Lee for helping me with Pit stuff.. as well as Craig Graham, and Matt Quigley.. -you guys were such a big help. I think next month I'm going to try that ARC thing. I'd like to learn just a bit more.. Jeff, Curtis, and Kenny know what's up.. so I want to see what I can learn from them. I feel I'm at a sort of plateau in my riding, so I'd like to better myself.. Anyway.. Until next round!

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
sounds good. does sound like you need to practice starts though?

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
yeah i'd take my bike up to MIR (budds creek) to the dragway but hell since i only get 3 maaaaaaybe 4 starts ouf of a set of frictions it would get pricey quick!

need to just take the F2 up there, toss some take off 165/55 slicks on the rear and waste em!!!!

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Dude, get some ELBOW pads....
Friggen great racin bro...won't be long before you dicin with the top guys...

Great seein you and the Track Daz guys out there again...

I see your gettin Chris trained real good...at changin them ties and stuff...

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts
yup.. i beat him into turn 1 from behind in our first race..
but then he passed me before turn 2 and i never saw him again.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Huge thanks goes out to my boy Chris Lee for helping me with Pit stuff.. as well as Craig Graham, and Matt Quigley.. -you guys were such a big help.
No problem Bro what are friends for! I was just going to be sitting around waiting for race 14 anyway so why not help out and be Pit Bitch!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
yup.. i beat him into turn 1 from behind in our first race..
but then he passed me before turn 2 and i never saw him again.
So...your bro is the fastest...
we now have proof...

Good job out there...

JP: I may be hittin MIR myself...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts