Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a beautiful weekend at willow springs! It had its ups and downs, well atleast i did. It was my first weekend on the track with the new honda rs250r, or any 2 stroke for that matter. most of friday went well, except for the second session of the day when i rode off in turn three but luckly was able to keep it up over the hill to the exit of four. there was only one really big dip/drainage ditch that threw me assholes and elbows above the bike. The last session of the day was a big bummer though, i ended up lowsiding into turn three. simply just tucked the front being a little to late on the brakes. the bike held up a little better than me and i was able to put her together in time to make two sessions on saturday. they went pretty slow but it gave me a chance to get the rear tire changed and to make sure everything was kosher on the bike before sunday. sundays morning practices went well and suprisingly i was able to make both sessions, it seems like im always running behind trying to get fuel or something like that. i was a little disapointed in sunday mornings practice times as they were around 1:42s and 1:43s. i spent most of the day waiting around for my race, lightweight nervice, which was scheduled for fourteenth. i ended up being grided in the last row as this was my first race this year and only my second ever. the start was pretty bad off the line as i didnt have the revs anywhere near high enough but by the time we got into one i had worked my way into somewhere near mid pack. i had a few scary moments during the race, the first one was having to check up pretty hard coming over the ridge and being just about under a fellow rider. the only other one that really sticks out was on the last lap coming around turn 8 getting into a pretty good wheel push. i finished in fourth place with a best lap time of a 1:39.187. I will be looking forward to next month as by then i will hopefully have my leaky forks rebuilt and a new set of rubber. hopefully i can turn some quicker laps and maybe finish top three. cheers and a big thanks to scotty of lusaaks preowned motorsports in bakersfield and kelly bakers performance unlimited. see you guys at the track

1 - 2 of 2 Posts