Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I think i am ready to go get my license with WSMC, do the new racer school.

My bike is pretty much prepped, I am thinking about runnig superstock, I found a a guy who used to race, which is going to help me with safety wiring etc.. so the bike part is covered.

What else do i need to do? How do i sign up?
Any pointers on what i might need for that weekend except the usual track day stuff?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good I read the rulebook, printed all the forms, if i can make it next month I should be there with my license doing my first race.....

I just hope I wont come DFL.. :D

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts
Wheeelieboy said:
Sounds good I read the rulebook, printed all the forms, if i can make it next month I should be there with my license doing my first race.....

I just hope I wont come DFL.. :D
you won't, look at the times from previous months novice 600 races on the MyLaps.com site and you'll see times in the .40's and even in the .50's sometimes.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I used WSMC to get my license reinstated a few years back.

my only advice is to be ready on the School day. You don't get a break. Plan for quick meals and try to pit as close to the main tower as we can ( where teh classsroom is ) so you can get to your junk quickly during your very short class-to-track breaks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I averaged between 1.36.5 to 1.38
I have been there only once for one track day.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh by the way do I need to apply and pay for the racer school and competition license, or as long as i do the new racer school i am good to go for the rest of the season?

·
Registered
131 Posts
1:36s ain't too bad for your first time out. I've only managed to squeeze out 1:38s thus far and want to go to Big Willow a few more times before the year is up, but all the track days are on holidays or weekdays! Maybe I'll see you on the grid for the 07 season.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For sure man, however my plans are not going so well, I am very busy this month, I dont know if i can get 17th weekend off ( I am in car business) and I still need to install case covers and safety wire the bike. I may not be able to do it.. :( I am still gonna try though....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.