Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... anyone local to Orange County that could "supervise"/assist me in changing my stator and relocating my rectifier?

This will be my first attempt as it is my first bike and
I have the money to have a shop do it, but I'd much rather do it myself, just to have that knowledge and maintenance experience under my belt.

If any locals here and willing to help I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Are you a complete wrenching noob? No car wrenching experience at all ? I believe you'll find videos on it on YouTube . It's really not that hard .

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you a complete wrenching noob? No car wrenching experience at all ? I believe you'll find videos on it on YouTube . It's really not that hard .
YES... a complete noob, and I actually did find a couple videos that were really helpful, and I feel comfortable working on my own bike as I would my car. But a relative of mine is borrowing my car right now and seeing as this is my primary source of transportation.... I don't wanna fuck it up.

·
I want Rossi to fuck my ass...
1,375 Posts
then dont fuck it up. if you have seen videos and feel comfortable with what they are doing then just follow the video. take your time and be gentle with things. its very easy. obviously this is my only advice since i am no where near OC, or id help out :thumbup

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
then dont fuck it up. if you have seen videos and feel comfortable with what they are doing then just follow the video. take your time and be gentle with things. its very easy. obviously this is my only advice since i am no where near OC, or id help out
Yeah no pressure lol... no I appreciate it bueshy, I'll try and make it work.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
The main problem I find with wrench noobs is that they over/under tighten bolts and screws. I'd buy a torque wrench if I were you

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I don't remember the exact torque specs, sorry. Do you have a copy of the factory service manual? If not, I suggest you get one.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
4 Participants
californiafrank
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing