Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was browsing the forums...apparently we are not too respected The guys in the 600,750 forums are pounding this person with a busa!

How do I post pics of my new turbo setup?It's a 2002 with a Mr. turbo . Running low 9's in the quarter. Does anyone else here drag??

·
Registered
637 Posts
i know a guy who came off a 92 zx-7r and was astounded at the handling of the busa. he loved it. for the street the busa will corner pretty respectively, for the track, they are not as flickable as the smaller bikes. BUT, thast being said, i have seen a gold wing on the streets hand some sport bike riders their asses, in corners no less. more of the bikes abilities are demonstrated by the riders' abilities, i did not read the post that the other guy made towards the guy with a busa. so was the comment directed at the bike, or the person riding it. i know guys around here that if they like strip, then they dont like road race, and others that dont like strip, only road race. it is all preference. but think, normally a guy with a gsxr600/750 is not going to be going to the dragstrip (unlike myself), just as normally a guy with a gsx1300r will most probably wont go to a track day to go drag peg feelers. now yes there are anomolies, but bikes are bikes in this respect, and the bashing from one brand to another is bad, but one type of riding to another is crazy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty much a straight-liner drag guy, but I know a couple people with Hayabusa'a who go to track days and clean house. Iguess some of those guys on that forum are upset with an individual but are leaving him alone and attacking the Busa. It seems that most over there are probably 17-25 years of age from what I've read. Oh well.
A gold wing tearing up corners would be pretty cool to watch! It's all about the rider, I agree.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Was browsing the forums...apparently we are not too respected The guys in the 600,750 forums are pounding this person with a busa!

Who cares what others say! I didn't by a bike to get respect from others. I enjoy my Busa for it's speed and stability. I enjoy my GSX-R for it light weight and maneuverability. Every bike has some good points as well as bad. Any one who thinks a Busa isn't fast and powerful is a fool!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Its a popular misconception that the busa is for straight line due to the fact that most people either drag race or top speed run the busas. I own a 600 but my dad bought an '04 busa. He is fast in the turns and my first ride i was really impressed. These people that say they are straight line only are speaking out of ignorance. My dad's busa is currently in the shop getting the 1397cc kit put on. He's on a quest to top the 200mph mark at maxton.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.