Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Jesus-On-Skates
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot the Springfield XDm .45 ACP both 4 and compact 3.5 they just released.

Getting one for CCW and for a sidearm when hunting big game and when the 300 weatherbee doesn't take em down; in addition to recreational shooting and home defense for my fiance and I.

Holy shit...

that is just awesome.

Has anyone else shot this or heard anything on it? This thing is incredible. The high grade polymer is so lightweight but the durability, the entire thing, the whole kit is just awesome with all the mags, cleaning, loader, watertight case for going out or anything. I'm impressed...

When it comes to accuracy, the clusters are incredible at 10 yards or more.

I was just wondering if anyone else had some more experience with this firearm that reflected it's long term service and durability or had any feedback whatsoever.

I believe I'll be purchasing the 4.0 this week or soon to come if I don't hear any negative comments.

·
Registered
254 Posts
just got one... very nice guns. we use them as rentals at the range. glocks just aren't what they used to be compared to the XD

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I Picked up a XDm 9mm compact a few weeks ago. I went to look at a glock and ended up with the XDm and Im pretty happy with my choice. I didnt care for the speed loader that came with the gun. I bought an up lula speed loader and its bad ass. I can load my 13 round mag faster then my girlfriend can load her 6 round 380 mag.

·
Jesus-On-Skates
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha that's awesome... I didn't play around with the speed loader much but I like the convenient mag holders - for zombie hunting and what not :wacko

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have an XDm .40 3.8 and love it :). I picked up a Sig p226 9mm Elite the other day too - wish it was a .40 but nobody seems to have one of this around here!
I got the Sig p229 Elite in .40 a couple years ago from this small gun shop in Ohio. I can't remember the name, but I bought it through gunbroker. They may have the p226 in .40 if you're still interested.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I got the Sig p229 Elite in .40 a couple years ago from this small gun shop in Ohio. I can't remember the name, but I bought it through gunbroker. They may have the p226 in .40 if you're still interested.
I would love to have a p226 dark elite in .40, but if I buy one at this point the wife will likely use it on me.

All in all, with some +P Speer Gold Dot 9mm ammo, I'm pretty happy with the 9mm.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would love to have a p226 dark elite in .40, but if I buy one at this point the wife will likely use it on me.

All in all, with some +P Speer Gold Dot 9mm ammo, I'm pretty happy with the 9mm.
Lol, I hear you. I paid almost as much for the Sig as I did for my Colt M4. Luckily I was single back then so my girl can't say anything now!

·
17,016 Posts
Shot the Springfield XDm .45 ACP both 4 and compact 3.5 they just released.

Getting one for CCW and for a sidearm when hunting big game and when the 300 weatherbee doesn't take em down; in addition to recreational shooting and home defense for my fiance and I.

Holy shit...

that is just awesome.

Has anyone else shot this or heard anything on it? This thing is incredible. The high grade polymer is so lightweight but the durability, the entire thing, the whole kit is just awesome with all the mags, cleaning, loader, watertight case for going out or anything. I'm impressed...

When it comes to accuracy, the clusters are incredible at 10 yards or more.

I was just wondering if anyone else had some more experience with this firearm that reflected it's long term service and durability or had any feedback whatsoever.

I believe I'll be purchasing the 4.0 this week or soon to come if I don't hear any negative comments.
Well, not the XD .45, I have a few Glocks, love them too.
I have the XD .40 subbie, great little gun.
I use it as my ccw and have put 1,000's of rounds thru it w/o a hiccup.

·
Taught Goatsee everything he "knows"
12,629 Posts
Youll like the XDM. I was recently looking for a 45 and settled on the springfield. Not bad for the money and what you get with it. I rented one and shot it first.

I have the XDM 45acp 4.5. Nice gun. My only gripe is the safety setup. Which I got used to in no time.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Youll like the XDM. I was recently looking for a 45 and settled on the springfield. Not bad for the money and what you get with it. I rented one and shot it first.

I have the XDM 45acp 4.5. Nice gun. My only gripe is the safety setup. Which I got used to in no time.
What didn't you like about the grip+trigger safety? I have no issues actuating either when holding the pistol normally - don't even have to think about it.

That is, unless you have one of the ones with the thumb safety (it's optional)?

·
Taught Goatsee everything he "knows"
12,629 Posts
What didn't you like about the grip+trigger safety? I have no issues actuating either when holding the pistol normally - don't even have to think about it.

That is, unless you have one of the ones with the thumb safety (it's optional)?
No issue with it. I got used to it and its easy to use. Its just my prior a handgun didnt have this. So it was a little querky to me at first.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Love my XD .45 Acp 4", hasn't jammed once and I'm pretty accurate even beyond 20 yards. Just picked up my wife a beretta px4 storm .40 pretty decent gun as well.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 16 of 16 Posts