Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, Im kind of piss at the dealership I bought my 00 GSX-R600 from. I haven't rode since tueday because it been cold and rainning. I went out to look at it and saw a puddle under the right hand side. I think it comeing from the clutch baskit, it's been down on that side. I don't see a hole or anything, maybe the gaskit broke or something. It's a dark green-ish looking subsince.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I really don't know, it smell to me like oil. it look like it comeing out of one of the bolts, it comeing from the right hand side if your looking at the bike from the front (black cover) the cover is beat up. (I have a paper tallow on the floor to drip on and it look like just plan oil on the tallow ( Is there oil in there)

P.S. How do you know when it a head gasket issues/cracied block etc beside if it mix of oil/freeze. I just asking because Im not sure if it is oil/freeze.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You can try some dye for the antifreeze, like an orange color or something. My recomendation though is if its a green color, and smells like oil, it most likely is an oil/antifreeze mix, theres only so much green stuff on the bike...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Its a gasket... like 5 or 6 bolts and some gasket sealer...

Fix it yerself. or at least let the dealership try and fix it, it is a bit unfair to just take your money back they probably didnt know about it. (Though, you should make sure you are getting the repairs for free, as irregardless its still something they missed).

Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just look at aother rag I put under the bike and it look light brown and to me it smell like oil but that might just be me. it's alway smell oilly not like ant-freez. what would be inside there that would leek? Hopefully your right and it's "gasket... like 5 or 6 bolts and some gasket sealer"

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Wow, I think I know what the mix is now

Gixxer99 said:
Wow, Im kind of piss at the dealership I bought my 00 GSX-R600 from. I haven't rode since tueday because it been cold and rainning. I went out to look at it and saw a puddle under the right hand side. I think it comeing from the clutch baskit, it's been down on that side. I don't see a hole or anything, maybe the gaskit broke or something. It's a dark green-ish looking subsince.
I think I know what the mix is, gas/oil. could that be posable? is it can how bad is it? I was thinking maybe it running to rick?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went to the suzuki dealer on my break today, tryed to get them to just give me the parts so I could fit it myself. they told me they would "get it handle" if I brought them bike. So now Im talking to some people at work to give me and my bike a ride to the dealer.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pissed that the dealer takeing so long with the part I need. I know it's alittle bit my falt because Im having a hard time getting it there because I don't own a truck and Indiana weather hasn't been nice lately but also my saleman hasn't even order the parts I need.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Today I decided to take the fairing off my new/old bike to see how bad the damage is under them. Everthing look good beside the MAGNETO COVER busted, also when I was looking around I found some oil on the top of the RADIATOR OUTLE HOSE. There something on top of the hose but Im not sure what it is, dose it have oil in it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.