Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would you guy\'s/girls be mad

Would I be banned or become a petrified
if I were to tell you I am 3rd on a waiting list @ Chapparral for a brand spanking new CBR600RR in Red/Blk
. I have still managed to talk my fiance into getting an '03 GSXR600 in Blue/White for(her
). I mean she will own and operate the gixxer it will be hers but whats hers is MINE too
, Could my life get any better? Am I dreaming? If I am please don't wake me up. Am I a traitor? I don't feel like one I just want to have my cake and eat it too! whats so wrong with that? She still want to do the things I had mentioned doing to the gixxer before cause she liked the idea of CF bodied bikes. But since she does airbrushing she wants to do her own costume paint job. Cool points again. If you guys are mad I understand, I just am soooooo addicted to ANYTHING Honda makes. I want a Lawnmower made by them so it will match my bike and car. Overkill obsession I know. I am seeking phsyciatric help over this matter.

But don't get me wrong I am no fool, you just can't simply deny the fact that Suzuki has been on top since '96 and for good reason, Why else would we all be hear? But this is why I will get both, to test and compare them and see if Suzuki will finally have to hit the drawing board and "update" a little bit to keep up. I still give credit to the engineers who design the gixxers because they did a good enough job to be almost untouchable for over half a decade. My helmet is of to you
. I hope that I still might claw my way out of the squid and back amrker ranks and still be accepted here at this great site even for mounting a different breed of stallion for battle. Who knos maybe the Gixxer will be come a track bike and I'll just use the RR for liesure.....

YEAH RIGHT! you all know the expectations of the RR and I hope the all are met by me as well as others. Honda builds unbelievable products. I still think without riding both back-to-back it is just a toss up. only time will tell. I will be sure to give a constant input on my experiences on both as my skill and limit increase as it might be helpful for other novice riders to learn from.

will the future just be

GSXR600
CBR600RR

or can the just get along?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Re: would you guy\'s/girls be mad

Good for you,and your fiance, it doesn't matter that you have let the side down by spending money on an inferia make, nor does it matter that your lady will be faster than you.. everywhere....

Only kidding, you enjoy your new pride and joy, and update us on which one is the best...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts

I Love Hondas too, my car is one. What ever they make it very reliable and well built all around. And here at Gixxer.com we think it takes a lot of Balls to give your wife the better bike, there fore we welcome you to our happy little home
Kidding of course, lets see some pics of both!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks guys I appreciate it I will get some pics as soon as I get a camera and a personal PC I use the one at work since I am here 12 hours a day

And Stillie, that jealous outburst makes a whole lot of sense from someone who has a pic of a RVT on their sig.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

sorry i made an ass of myself it was an RC51 on you sig

·
Registered
29 Posts

Originally posted by Importfection:
Thanks guys I appreciate it I will get some pics as soon as I get a camera and a personal PC I use the one at work since I am here 12 hours a day

And Stillie, that jealous outburst makes a whole lot of sense from someone who has a pic of a RVT on their sig.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Good one Stillie!

·
Registered
763 Posts

Originally posted by gixxer_760:
congrats
I started with a Honda VFR, then to a gixxer, then back to a Honda. I loved my gixxer 600, but my 929 is much more comfortable than my old gixxer ever was.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's funny, I used to have a 929 and I find the GSXR more comfortable. Cusher seat.

As for CBR traitor, I suppose it makes sense to have a different bike from your wife, just so you can try out two different bikes and switch up. Only question is, why give her the better one?
Plus the CBR looks smaller than the GSXR, which
will look weird with a guy on the tiny bike and
a girl on the larger bike.

·
Registered
681 Posts

Originally posted by Stillie:
Fuck Honda.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">...said the dude with an RC51 in his sig...

·
Registered
308 Posts

I say good choice...if i wasn't on a gixxer, the 600rr would be my next choice...or maybe it'd be my first choice if I could afford it! Either way it's a killer bike...and like others said, if you get nostalgic you can jump your fiance's...um, bike

·
Registered
177 Posts

I think the 600RR is an awesome machine! Suzuki will have a hard time in the 600cc wars this year with all of the other sweet 600's out this year!! That exhaust on the 600RR is bad ass! I think the Honda is the best looking 600 for '03 and Kawasaki probably has the best performing 600 for '03(ZX6R and ZX6RR). The only thing that sucks about the Honda's is the price. While all the other 600's are right at $8k sticker price, Honda is I believe $8700. The best "bang for the buck" has got to be the ZX6R by Kawasaki. 636cc's, lightweight, tons of HP =
This will probably ALL change for 2004 as I'm almost positive Suzuki will have an all new 600 that will beat the pants off the rest of the field.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.