Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this bike last summer, but some guy will pay $6K for it. Would you do it, knowing the market for these bikes? It is still a very hard decision for me, cause I love the bike so much, but the profit gained from the sale and how the market acts for GSXR's it might be a darn good idea.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
6k is way more than the bike is worth...he could easily get a 99 750, maybe even a 00 750 for that much..I'd sell it..

[ 01-05-2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Hammer 4 ]

·
Registered
265 Posts
You can get it cash, right now. JUMP ON IT, and upgrade! What are you doing posting? Call him over!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't believe he will buy it during the winter but this ride is so mint and only 3200 miles on it. I love the bike more than the new Gen GSXR's, I hope this doesn't sound silly. I just like the look and ride of the 98 V. the 02 and 03 probably.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Absolutely, keep it! If you prefer the "98, KEEP IT! It looks mint, and has low miles. If the question is if $6,000 is an acceptable offer, the answer is a definite yes.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its almost as hard a decision, as getting married. Don't you think.
Its still a tough decision.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by slickstergsxr:
Its almost as hard a decision, as getting married. Don't you think.
Its still a tough decision.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Welp..lets put this way...your chances of getting 6k for your gix ever again will be very slim, and next to none...I know it's hard...but think of the upgrade..

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 02's are nice, but they don't feel right compared to the 98. Anybody else feel this way?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I love my 98, I've been on my friends 1000 and I love the power and the bike but not enough to sell my 98. Keep in mind this comes from a prson that would give up my 98 for my old 90 (may she RIP) lol

Here she is in all her glory:

[ 01-05-2003, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: bulldog002 ]

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well just like you said Bulldogg, I would sell this GSXR to get my 86 Ninja 1000 back. Heck I would sell my Harley to have that bike back.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
i knew you could get that price.
is it here in morgantown? the honda shop was going to give me 5400 on a trade for a busa. but unless your going to buy a new one don't sell it, you'll regret it. and plus i need some one to ride with.

i got your email. i think i've seen your friends bike. does he live or visit someone over westover? i see a y/b 600 sometimes parked up from my place.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lintball,

I actually live in Westover off of Holland Ave where the Exxon is. WHere you at in Westover? Well yes we will have to ride once it getz better here. I'm not sure how much he is over on this side of the river, but he lives down Colins Ferry road past the Stadium.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
i live off of west main st overlooking the westover bridge. we'll have to meet up sometime, go downtown and have a beer or something.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Allright smartypants, I'm not sure why it got off on this tangent, and i am sorry, but there probably isn;t anyone in Lynnwood Washington.

We will get back to the topic at hand. I can't sell the bike just yet, I still love this thing nomatter what people offer me. This is how I feel sometimes.

·
Who Knows...Ask Who
1,714 Posts
this ride is so mint and only 3200 miles on it. I love the bike more than the new Gen GSXR's, I hope this doesn't sound silly. I just like the look and ride of the 98 V. the 02 and 03 probably.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Right there w/ you
. I love my 98, & have no intrest in going to the newer body style. You've got low miles & lot's of life & fun left in that bike enjoy it. $6000 would be nice, but I would rather be riding my SRAD

[ 01-08-2003, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: Felix ]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Sell it and get a newer one. If you don't like the newer one you can always get nother 98 look at the prices of the srads. You gotta ride the newer one and get the feel of it for a while not 1 day or so then you will know if you like it or not. Hell 6k i would sell mines with the custom paint etc. I wish i could get that outta mines

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
slicker--

i could prolly get into an 01 750 for right at the 6K mark.....

i woulf seriously consider that offer, and soon, before something changes.....

sms

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sell it! I had a 97 before getting my 01 and have not regreted it yet. The 01 handles better, has more power, and in my opionion looks better. It doesn't feel as big. Don't get me wrong, I loved my 97, but it is not as nice as the 01.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts