Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to repaint my bike and from reading it seems as though sometimes the old paint seeps thru or something like that?

who sells aftermarket platic thats for the street (not race w/ no holes for lights,etc) i looked at airtech and sharkskinz... but it looked like race plastic.

reason im asking is cause my body shop guy told me once i was better off buying a new bumper o cause he was gonna spend alot of time removing the old paint anyhow...

whats the going rate for a bike paintjob these days anyhow?

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Well I hope you have money to spend if you want new plastics. Just use your original plastics and sand them down good and use a primer coat. The hardest part is getting the old decals off some people say by using a hot-air gun or a blow dryer will help get them off. I had my gas tank painted and it was $175.00 Alot of us are always looking for body plastics so there's alot of competition out there for plastics.
Bobbychet

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
yes gettting new plastic is pointless. some people take off all the paint because somtimes it will react and cause more work. ive heard of some people paying as much as 3000 dollars for a paint job (all the same color)on a bike, it was nothing specail other then everything used was ppg. the fact of the matter is they charge 30-45 bucks an hour and it adds up fast.my going rate is 750.00 if it all the same color. and it looks just as good as ppg (its all about the clear you use). if you want to do something different i have a extra 02 1000 front end i can fix up and sell to you(has some small cracks, easy fix). i can include instructions if you want. then you would just have to send my your tail and front fender. pm me if you interested of want more details. i could do somthing like that for 1300. but it would come with everything you need to swap front ends, and then you could sell you old front end. here is a picture of my bike i did about a month ago.
i will post up another one tommarow i just finished. it is my 93 with the newer generation front end.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no hes saying hell post another pic of the 93 bike...

I'm looking forward to seeing it...

actually my bikes was repainted already from the previous owner, it looks ok but i want it minty and do it my way you know...

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
i will post more pictures tonight when i get off work :cheers :

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
it takes a little time but not to much. probubly took 2-3 hours to get everything where i wanted it. the bottom of the fairings have to be 4" off the ground because the forks have the much travel. let me know if you are interested in doing this swap paint job. i still have some paint left over from this bike, so i can drop my price a little if you wanted it this color.some other people are interested also. so let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts