Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a K5 GSXR 1000 that I am really wanting to buy. It is in Big Bend, WI. If anyone near there would mind helping me out with an inspection, I would gladly pay you for your time...

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
That's just outside of Milwaukee. Todd_Sails is 12 miles away but I have no idea if he's interested.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
That's just outside of Milwaukee. Todd_Sails is 12 miles away but I have no idea if he's interested.
It's actually a little farther, as I'm in Franklin, but-

Hell yes! I'm, interested in helping a brother out!
This Saturday- supposed to be high 50's!
I'm planning my first 2017 ride this Saturday, could possibly make it by there,
I'll have to plan a route that includes some good twisties!

Let me know-
Todd

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's actually a little farther, as I'm in Franklin, but-

Hell yes! I'm, interested in helping a brother out!
This Saturday- supposed to be high 50's!
I'm planning my first 2017 ride this Saturday, could possibly make it by there,
I'll have to plan a route that includes some good twisties!

Let me know-
Todd

I just PM'd you back, buddy!

·
7,716 Posts
Assuming that the bike in question has OEM plastics. It will give Todd a chance to see what K5 graphics look like (his K5 somehow has K6 graphics). The front cowling graphic is different in both pattern and overall shape.

Google maps says 11.6 miles/18 minutes from Franklin to Big Bend.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Assuming that the bike in question has OEM plastics. It will give Todd a chance to see what K5 graphics look like (his K5 somehow has K6 graphics). The front cowling graphic is different in both pattern and overall shape.
Nooooooo!!! :frantic

·
Banned
1,136 Posts

Google maps says 11.6 miles/18 minutes from Franklin to Big Bend.
OK, Thanks Bill, what ever it is, it's close

Good thing it's not Big Bend, TX! That's a bit of a hike from here

I just PM'd you back, buddy!
PM me the contact info, and I'll come up with my fee! LOL

Nooooooo!!! :frantic
What's the prob OG?

·
7,716 Posts
Looks fairly clean and unmolested. The "R GSX" decal on the side cowling has "1000" added to it. Hopefully it's not an indication of replaced plastics.

Check if the rubber plug in the frame rail is missing. It may not mean a hoot but it could be an indicator about how anal the owner is. The reservoir sock isn't in all pics. Off site consignment is a bit unusual. Maybe it's by a customer who is buying something else.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,745 Posts
Looks fairly unmolested. The "R GSX" decal on the side cowling has "1000" added to it. Hopefully it's not an indication of replaced plastics.
Not necessarily. When I bought mine, it too had the 1000 added. I got it though... by that generation, it was pretty hard to tell the difference between a 600/750/1000 and I supposed some guys 'needed' to let it be known theirs was the big kid on the block.

Mine was (almost) all-original and didn't even have a scratch on it.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts