Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions would be appreciated, want to ensure I don't go tearing stuff down just to find out the issue was simpler than I thought.

Bit of background, last night I took the bike to a local run what ya brung type event at an old airstrip. While trying to launch, the bike felt like it was jumping (similar to when you stall). These hops/surges would go on 3 or 4 times as I came off the clutch, then the bike would fire off like the missile it is (however by this time whoever I lined up against was a dot on the horizon).

Am I right in thinking this is the sign of warped steels?

Bike is a GSXR1000 K1

I popped out to a local back road this morning to get a video of the issue you can view it here

·
Registered
349 Posts
Before I'd even touch the case of the clutch, I'd follow the manual for a complete clutch adjustment, ensure the cable isn't binding anywhere, and then after I'd test.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before I'd even touch the case of the clutch, I'd follow the manual for a complete clutch adjustment, ensure the cable isn't binding anywhere, and then after I'd test.
It's all routed and adjusted correctly.

Looks like Fucked clutch to me.
I'm hoping it's not but I think it is.

I did some searching after making this thread and saw the clutch grab issue with K1/K2's and the fix with the plate from a ZX10R. Hopefully that's my issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The ZX clutch mod on my 04 addressed the screaming chatter on a drag start. The bike wasn't bogging or hesitating on a launch, it just made a screaming insane blood curdling noise that the kawi dampened disc modification cured.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I did some searching after making this thread and saw the clutch grab issue with K1/K2's and the fix with the plate from a ZX10R. Hopefully that's my issue.
That is what fixed my issue. Looked like this same issue you are having.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it's not your cable adjustment, I think you already know the answer :lol
I just didn't want it to be the answer :frantic

That is what fixed my issue. Looked like this same issue you are having.
Ordered a ZX10R plate and OEM springs, steels and fibres (figured I may as well do it all while I'm there). I need to get it sorted as a bloody VTR thrashed me off the line which was just plain embarrassing.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
My clutch on my K5 usually works flawless;'

But at least 1/2 the time when I let it out kinda normally, like at a stop light it sort of squels while it's engaging, then it's fine. And not everytime I let the clutch out either?

Oh well, when if and when it gets worse, I'll look up the Kawi guts swap for it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
wr6133
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing