Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a Works rear shock for my 89 1100 of Ebay, (cheap).
When I got the shock I noticed there was no presure from the remote resovoir. Does this indicate a dead shock or just one in need of servicing?

Also has anyone had dealings with Works on rebuilds or shock servicing?

Can the shock be recharged by a repair shop?

Trash the Works shock and get a new one?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I'm not too familiar with the works shocks but I know you should be able to send it to Linderman and they will take care of you.

·
Registered
257 Posts
These shocks can just leak off pressure gradually or maybe some idiot bled off all the nitrogen by mistake. Fixing it could be as easy as getting the gas recharged (pure nitrogen preferably), worst case you could need a full rebuild is the seals and shaft are bad.

Works does do rebuilds but they aren't always the cheapest people or the esiest to deal with (I sent them some old twin-shocks and they told me it was cheaper to buy new ones, they sent me back my shocks disassembled and missing parts and charged me an "inspection fee" on top of it). These shocks are rebuildable and rechargeable, any shop that does shock rebuilds should be able to handle it. Look for a Racetech service center or just start calling shops and see if they can help you.

Matt

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I just got my Works (WP) shock back from White Brothers last friday...it was toast. New seals, oil, charging and labor only cost $143us. It's soooooooooo much better now.

Go here... http://www.whitebros.com/

and pick up the phone and get it shipped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts