Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I should have read a couple posts before making my last post, sorry, I've been away for a while. Anyway, what do you guys think about works performance stuff? Is it worth the money? I was looking at their price list and their piggyback is $50 cheaper than the standard replacement. What exactly does a piggyback do?

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Works Performance is better than stock and usually quite a shot cheaper. Just don't confuse them with WP, ie 'White Power', the Dutch suspension people. Their shocks are right up there with Ohlins and cost accordingly.

I've noticed on some bikes that the Works Performance springs appear small to my eyeball....check it out and ensure you get the rate for your weight and intended riding. Also, make sure they can be rebuilt, since if not, there isn't much point buying them/one.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a set of their shocks on the front of my quad and I love them. I believe all their shocks are rebuildable but don't quote me on that.

John

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. What's the difference between a piggyback shock and a standard replacement. I'm guessing you use the piggyback with your stock shock. Does anyone recommend this? I notice the price for a piggyback is $50 less.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
The "piggyback" is a remote reservoir to aid in keeping the shock relatively cool while at work. A shock in motion generates its own heat which will result in loss of performance. It doesn't help things being nestled right up against the back of the motor either. It isn't a marked decrease in temperature, but it can't hurt having it.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
A "Piggy back" shock has a remote res. thats attached to the shock body and sitsalongside of the spring. A remote Res. shock has the RES. attached to the shock by a flex line and you can mount the Res. farther from heat and the shock in a smaller space.
Bones

1 - 6 of 6 Posts