Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I told you guys I'd post pics of her progress, she's starting to fall together. I know these pics suck but thats all I could get. Just did the white paint last weekend, and I have a set of decals to plaster it with next week. I've learned alot about the Gixxer with this project. I've been through the carbs, timing, new cams, exaust, I relocated the suspension canister and blinkers and got rid of the metal bracket to clean up the rear, and other stuff I'm sure I have forgot, and next is fork seals. All the work I've done myself or with help of friends. I've got less than $1500 in it right now and it is totally clean and starting to look good. I'll post better pics after the wheels and decals.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought this kit for $229 with the shadow in blue http://tapeworks.com/Pages/5510.html
But I'm having second thoughts about using it because it came with the solo seat decal and I don't have a solo tail. I've also obtained a load of cool logo decals(Yosh, Mich, Wiseco, ect..) So I'm still undecided on where its going from here.

·
Registered
436 Posts
sweet deal man! looking good

·
Registered
247 Posts
Steve,
Holy KRAPPPP! Hard to believe that's even the same bike, man! (Recognize your old fuel tank, Bobby?)
I'm so glad you're the guy who bought her-she's really found a good home. She still running strong? Keep posting pics as you go!

Kingston

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea the tank only had a few small dings, they cleaned up pretty easy, it was the left fairing that was the Biatch, Where the little bubble is on the left side was rashed all the way through, it was one of 3 holes in the left side fairing. Now you can't even tell the holes were there. The front fairing had both peaks on either side gound down about 1/2 inch intil they were almost flat, that was fun to reform. But all and all it really wasn't that bad of a task for how the finished product turn out. It looks new again. More pics to come with the new camera I bought today.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Sweet! Keep it up.....and yeah, keep up the pics too.

Its amazing what an education these 'old' beasts can be. Cheers, John

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There was a running light there, But I took the running light out and formed a piece of preforated stainless in it and put a blue LED behind it, It looks trick at night.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I put the shock canister under my right rear plastic, I had to make a bracket, barely fit. I put the seat key lock above my tail light, had to make a bracket for it too. And last was the brake canister, I made a bracket for it and mounted it right back where it came from, under the right rear plastic. I also made a hinged bracket for my licence plate
which bolted under the tail. It really wasn't that hard, but it didn't hurt to have mill and a lathe handy.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
We should all be so fortunate to have a lathe & mill ! Nice job,are you going to add any color to her ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts