Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a big change , I've kept all the old platics in case I want to go back. Just got to paint it now, probably anthracite..... and get a second hand tank........ wheels will stay as this, red rear and blue front, probably red and blue graphics too........ and more polishing....

Andy

[ 01-31-2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Andy James ]

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, a big fat chain and around 6 disc locks and 2-3 other lesser quality chains and the car up against the garage door. Theft isn't a big problem here but I have never had anyone steal one of my bikes, or even try, and no one gets my bike.....never........ it's not the value it all my hard work, it's my hobby and a part of my life and if someone tries I'll get them.....

Yes the standard arm is braced and fully polished, I think that it look nice as the original arm is a nice piece of alloy to begin with, there's no point in throwing it away, just get it braced.

Mods this winter are:
1. New 5.5" rear replaceing the 4.5" K wheel.
2. Rear wheel pained red
3. Front wheel painted blue
4. Full one off carbon rear cowls
5. 1100M rear light
6. New top fairing, to be painted.
7. New oe mirrors
8. nice Pirelli evo supercorsa rear, front soon
9. Outer engine casings to be polished
10. Polishing
11. More polishing
12. Exhaust to be removed and polished to clear all water marks

There will be more and I am quite enjoying myself.

I need to find a cheap fuel tank as the original needs to be stored along with the old fairings so I can go back if I feel like

Andy

[ 02-01-2003, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: Andy James ]

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Looking good, Andy nice polishing work, I polish my own parts too, but now after all my hardwork everything is going to be powder coated or annodized black, frame, swinger, rear sets, tripples.
Right now I am saving for wheels, I am going with these www.hipointme.com the price is good, and I can get the 5 spoke design. Your bike looks nice though, I might miss having a street bike.
-Karl

[ 02-01-2003, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: KJ1 ]

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Looking good Andy. Does Plod ever give you shit for your tax disc location? and doesn't it get covered in chain lube? not that it would matter but it seems hard to see and would give them an unneeded reason to hassle you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm not big on the polishing bit, but damn that's a clean bike!
I sigh when I look at my project GSXR after seeing yours.

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Nice look Andy. I like the JMCish bracing, yet with the standard arm and not their Kawi style chain adjusters. Sweet.

What does it say on the left side cover - can't quite make it out. I'm guessing something like Aberystwyth
!

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
lookin good andy ,i wish i could polish
then i could teach the wife

i'll keep an eye out on the A55 for ya

i'll try and get pics of my mates gsxr1100
and his spondon one

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
Looking good Andy. Does Plod ever give you shit for your tax disc location? and doesn't it get covered in chain lube? not that it would matter but it seems hard to see and would give them an unneeded reason to hassle you.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">nah........... no problem with it being there, it doesn't get lube on it all as the hugger takes all of that..........

Andy

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by GIXXERUK:
lookin good andy ,i wish i could polish
then i could teach the wife

i'll keep an eye out on the A55 for ya

i'll try and get pics of my mates gsxr1100
and his spondon one

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No worries, we'll have to catch up some time over the summer..............that road out from Bala sounds like a suspect...........

Andy

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nope it's DaveMFox's NWS stand and it is nothing less that absolutely fantastic..... I will have to buy one myself now, they cost £199 over here ($300 USD)..........

Hey it looks like the rear metal subframe has to go, even if it did save me from a snapped chain a couple of years ago........!

It looks a lot better gone and that footrest has gone too at last.

I've just got to relocate the lock for opening the seat......... No worries, I'll do that tomorrow.

The rear looks much better with all of that rubbish gone now ! I've just got to finish connecting all that carbon together and then I will create a bracket for the Reg. Plate, no worries.......

Andy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts