Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,982 Posts
I ordinarily would never buy a car like that. Too spendy. $2500 (CAD) for a set of tires, $700 for just front brake pads etc... etc... etc... I just don't have the stomach / wallet to own such things.

But when I noticed it waaaaaaay over in Vancouver within hours of it being posted, it was a good $10K under market value. So I bought it, had it shipped and had a blast for a year in it. In the end, I got a free fancy car for a year and my only operating costs were two oil changes and a fuse.

Also, the profit I made in selling paid for these two most recent acquisitions. Free car, free old piles... what's not to like?

EDIT: it's just like my K6. I paid $10K for that and the garage sale of all the fancy bits & pieces (especially the BSTs) yielded $6800 so I have a mint all original K6 with 2600 kms on the clock for $3200 CAD. I always buy when I think it's a great deal. I have 3 cool bikes and I'm out under $5K for the lot... plus included in that $5K, I got to drive my dream car for a year.
I hear ya man. I'd imagine the cost of ownership on something like that isn't cheap. There are so many cars I lusted after long ago that are much cheaper now but I know enough to know that buying a nice used sports car of any sort would be the easy part. Maintaining said car long term out of warranty usually is what eats up the real funds. I have a saying and it goes like this, "it's all good until the check engine light comes on!"

I might learn a thing or two from you. The guy just contacted me and cancelled. :wtf
I called and he kept making up different reasons of why maybe he'll have more time in a week or two. Meanwhile last night we planned around his work schedule for a quick in & out Saturday 10:30-11:00 AM pickup.
Sounds like he's full of shit, got cold feet, lacking motivation and/or all of the above. A motivated seller is not gonna string you along like that especially knowing he has a serious buyer on his hands. Still I hope it works out. Lord knows we all need a bike like that to dick around on. :cheers

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That is strange ... sounds like sellers regret right there.
That is my assessment as well. Maybe he'll stew on it and follow through. I had already went to the bank to pull out the cash and reserved a van rental... what a flake. :facepalm

"it's all good until the check engine light comes on!"
Precisely. When something happens in my Accord, I usually tend to it myself and if a light comes-on, my local garage pulls the code and everything is measured in hundreds of dollars, not thousands.
Lord knows we all need a bike like that to dick around on. :cheers
I couldn't agree more. I was totally stoked about this bike and was looking forward to coaxing-out the inner hooligan in me.

Ya' never know... maybe it'll still pan out. But again, what a flake.

·
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm getting slow in my old years apparently because it should have been obvious from the get-go.

As with the turbo last week, we spoke on the phone, I asked to e-transfer $500 to take the ad down and I'd see him the following weekend. The turbo guy was true to his word and I'm thrilled with my purchase.

This guy didn't take my $500 but did take the ad down. So here's what I figure is going on. He was asking 3200. I offered 3000 which he accepted. But he probably is trying to get more from someone else but doesn't want to close the door on me. That's why he's so vague on 'when'.... with nonsensical BS excuses.

I still hope I get the bike but if/when it's loaded-up and a done deal, I'll let this douchebag know how I feel.

·
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Jesus, I've never dealt with someone so full of shit. I just got another message from him with the FOURTH BS excuse.

• First, he was working at 1:00 so we scheduled a quick pick-up safely before he has to go to work
  • Then he said he was too busy so I called him....
  • He said he had 'flight tests', whatever that means
  • Then he said he's studying
  • So I told him if he has cold feet, just say so - it's all good
  • More bs no no no.... he's just too busy
  • Finally I wrote to him last night saying 'not cool' about having me change my weekend plans, take steps, rent a van and then he dicks me around - basically fuck-off
  • And this morning, he changed his story again and said he's just out of town this weekend????? :facepalm

Holy shit I've never known anyone that pathologically full of shit before. What an idiot... doesn't even keep track of his ever-changing BS

I wouldn't touch this bike now and I certainly wouldn't chance driving 7+ hours on the assumption the bike is as described. You can't believe anything the guy says.

·
Super Moderator
15,155 Posts
I might learn a thing or two from you. The guy just contacted me and cancelled. :wtf
I called and he kept making up different reasons of why maybe he'll have more time in a week or two. Meanwhile last night we planned around his work schedule for a quick in & out Saturday 10:30-11:00 AM pickup.
Wait, I thought you said you bought it? :scratch Did you just lie to us? :ban

·
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Wait, I thought you said you bought it? :scratch Did you just lie to us? :ban
Not at all. Same as with the 750 Turbo last week. After speaking to the owner long-distance and liking all the clear and concise answers he provided, I felt at-ease saying "if it's as-described, it's sold". I E-transferred him $500 to take the ad down and would pick it up on the weekend.

I made the announcement of my turbo acquisition and followed-up with pics / video at time of delivery. The guy was 100% legit and again, I'm thrilled with the purchase.

Exactly the same scenario here. The guy sounded so legit that I said I'll e-transfer him $500 to take the ad down and the bike is sold. He said don't worry about the cash down, pay me in full on saturday... and he did immediately pull the ad. I was walking around with $3K in cash on me waiting to go pick up the rental van yesterday when he flaked-out on me. So yes, I DID buy the bike but the wanker started pulling bullshit on me.

Incidentally, when I bought my Cadillac, I sent the guy payment in full before he dropped it off at the shippers rail yard. If I say something, my word is worth something to me. I'm not used to dealing with flaky douchebags and as a result, am quite disappointed that I'm not getting this bike. Some people are fucking assholes.

·
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The verdict is in.....

I don't know what's going on in this place for forum staff (not all) to drive people away but congratulations, one more is gone! :cheers

·
Super Moderator
15,155 Posts
I don't know what's going on in this place for forum staff (not all) to drive people away but congratulations, one more is gone! :cheers
:facepalm Holy shit dude, I'm totally joking around with you! Did you forget which site you were on? Are you turning into a snowflake millennial on me?

·
17,010 Posts
GDC has always been the site of a bunch of guys who are a "sarcastic, but mainly facetious, slightly joking, then again obnoxious, with a smidge of part time of douche baginous, with a minor in hooliganism with a dash no fucks to evergivenous"...

·
Super Moderator
15,155 Posts
GDC has always been the site of a bunch of guys who are a "sarcastic, but mainly facetious, slightly joking, then again obnoxious, with a smidge of part time of douche baginous, with a minor in hooliganism with a dash no fucks to evergivenous"...
He knows it too. I break his balls often. :dissapointed

·
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I enjoy partaking in ball-busting as much as anyone out here. If you saw my douche-cam video yesterday, you might have seen how eaily excitable I am, even when some stoner millennial **** fucks-up my car. My jimmies are hard to rustle.

When you called me full of shit however, that wasn't a joke. I politely explained and you maintained your position. So no fucks given whatsoever over here but when it's an actual insult VS a joke, that kills the mood for clowning around.

·
Registered
286 Posts
People are morons, they should pay penalties for things like that, or have a finger chopped off.... that'd teach 'em >:)

(this comment was about the seller mentioned by le skid and due to network problem showed way lower and however looks like in the context it was not... :/)

·
Super Moderator
15,155 Posts
I enjoy partaking in ball-busting as much as anyone out here. If you saw my douche-cam video yesterday, you might have seen how eaily excitable I am, even when some stoner millennial **** fucks-up my car. My jimmies are hard to rustle.

When you called me full of shit however, that wasn't a joke. I politely explained and you maintained your position. So no fucks given whatsoever over here but when it's an actual insult VS a joke, that kills the mood for clowning around.
Now you're misquoting me. I never said you were full of shit. I jokingly ask if you just lied to us. Never once insulted you. Big difference in tone with those two phrases. Then I said you didn't buy shit. Again not an insult. I even used emojis. It was all a joke. You took it as an insult and after explaining it was all a joke, you still have a chip on your shoulder. I think you know me well enough to know when I'm insulting someone. And there were plenty of fucks given as you were quitting the site. :rolleyes

·
Registered
16 Posts
21 - 40 of 71 Posts